Need low-cal, low-sodium, low-fat but HIGH PROTEIN foods

Options
I'm in need of some really good HIGH protein foods, specifically ones that are low-cal, low-sodium and low-fat. I'm really under my daily protein intake but usually at, or over, my calories, sodium, and fat limits. Please help!

Thanks,
Rhonda

Replies

• chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of making smoothies with 100% whey powder? You can make it with berries and spinach for a terrific treat that is low-cal, low-sodium, low-fat, and HIGH protein. That's what I do!

blueberry+spinach+chia+smoothie+-+fg.jpg
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    A good piece of quality chicken breast isn't too high calorie, and pretty low in fat and sodium while giving a good serving of protein. Just gotta be careful how you serve it. Adding dressings and sauces or marinates will obviously up the calories/sodium/fat/sugar defeating the whole purpose. Herbs and spices (fresh or dried work) will definitely give it a bit more flavour as will some chilli.

A good WPI/Hydrolyzed Whey powder as mentioned by chimpy_chimp will also serve your needs as they isolate the protein and get rid of as much of everything else as possible. The berries and spinach smoothie does sound interesting to say the least :)
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    fresh fish
    turkey
    chicken breast
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Corned beef has no carbs, no sodium and no sugar. Has protein and not too much fat/calories
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna in springwater, Roast chicken (meat only), protein powder, eggs, soy milk, oven baked fish
  • Coco_UK
    Coco_UK Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Egg whites in any shape or form... try chopping them into litte cubes and adding them to a salad... yum!
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    :wink: chicken,turkey seafoods
    eggs,cottage cheese,some quorn stuff,bacon(low fat ones)
    the list goes on forever.......................
  • amarlyn
    amarlyn Posts: 1
    Options
    I use hydroxyburn low carb balls as I need to have a higher than normal amount of protein and low fat 270 calories. I keep these in my desk as a filling option when hungry at work and they don't taste like protein powder. URRRRRRG!

They are dense and filling chocolate flavour.
    Buy at healthfood stores, woolies or cheapest online.

Cheers:smile:
  • findingmyhappyplace
    findingmyhappyplace Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    0% yoghurt. Especially Greek.

Why low fat? Not all fats are bad...
  • rhosherratt
    rhosherratt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    0% yoghurt. Especially Greek.

Why low fat? Not all fats are bad...

I'm trying to stay within my limits of 35% carbs, 40% protein and 25% fat of my caloric intake. I find I have no problems getting really close to my carb and fat (as well as calorie) limits for the day but I'm usually about 40-45 grams below on my protein. So I obviously need to change what I'm eating with foods that have a lot more protein.
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Im the same! always get close to fat (not on saturated) and high on carbs and trying to fit in more protein!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
  • binsylad
    Options
    Have you thought of making smoothies with 100% whey powder? You can make it with berries and spinach for a terrific treat that is low-cal, low-sodium, low-fat, and HIGH protein. That's what I do!

blueberry+spinach+chia+smoothie+-+fg.jpg

Did I just see this on...."I am a celebrity get me out of here? " ....... I believe there is a wichety grub version too :happy:
  • janelgreo
    janelgreo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    CHICKEN BREAST!! CHICKEN BREAST!! CHICKEN BREAST!!

It's the ultimate protein, low cal, low fat, low carb food!!

Food fact: 8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast contains about:
    320 CALORIES
    69 grams of protein
    0 carbs
    3g of fat

MIND BLOWN!
    EAT THAT DAMN CHICKEN & ENJOY IT!!

That's AN EASY ~69 Grams of PROTEIN!! LOL that's about half if not most of the protein MOST of you need in a day.
  • BritishVegGirl
    BritishVegGirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Tofu made with calcium sulphate , low sodium, high protein and high calcium also
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • joeherbert48
    joeherbert48 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    CHICKEN BREAST!! CHICKEN BREAST!! CHICKEN BREAST!!

It's the ultimate protein, low cal, low fat, low carb food!!

Food fact: 8 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast contains about:
    320 CALORIES
    69 grams of protein
    0 carbs
    3g of fat

MIND BLOWN!
    EAT THAT DAMN CHICKEN & ENJOY IT!!

That's AN EASY ~69 Grams of PROTEIN!! LOL that's about half if not most of the protein MOST of you need in a day.

How much sodium and sat fat?
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    For animal products if you arent too weirded out , the cuts that
    Americans don't really often eat anymore like liver kidney tendon
    Heart gizzard ect are all much higher in nutrients (and comprable protein levels) without as much t of the
    Fat and extra calories as muscle meat. If cooked properly the taste is as good or better... Also reduces waste.
  • Eggs, lentils, tempeh, tofu, and beans are my go-to proteins, all of which are generally pretty low in calories, sodium and fat, while also being incredibly filling and full of nutrients.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    bump