HELP! how am i meant to eat this many calories???

Options
2»

Replies

• brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Come on - surely even you cant be this silly...

Think about basics.... Bread (sandwiches) will keep you going. Up and Go ($2.99 for a 3 pack at Coles) will provide you with 800 calories - but I am sure you know that you wont really burn that many calories.

Its more about the balance of eating enough to have the energy to keep going and not too much that you want to be sick bouncing around all day.

Its not really going to matter if you dont eat all the calories tomorrow or if you just eat extra over the next few days. As you're well versed in nutrition and exercise and now moring in a gym - I am sure you know this.
  • krisaddress
    krisaddress Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Gee.... how to answer....

I just did a boot camp in Thailand for a week, we did 10+ hours of exercise per day. I wore my heart rate monitor and for most of the days and I burnt around 2700 cals total. We were very active and I have never been so sore! It was pointed out to me by one of the girls who had weight to lose that she was burning double my cals, so maybe you will actually burn that amount...... (our daily calorie in take was not more then 1500cals)

I'm sure you will be fine, but if your looking for people to support you having a mars bar then I don't think you have posted in the right forum.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Don't panic - if it's a one off, eat extra if you're hungry but don't worry too much about it.
    I'd suggest a substantial breakfast and add a bit extra to the following day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If it's going to be a one time deal... don't even try to eat all the calories, but allow yourself to go over your cals if necessary in the following days.

I'm personally not very hungry on days I'm extremely active, but the NEXT day, I'm a vulture.