Should I still eat more calories even if I'm not hungry?

Options
2»

Replies

• rayliz98
    rayliz98 Posts: 1
    Options
    The recommended 1,200 calories a day is the average amount of calories a healthy person eats a day. If you find yourself not hungry enough to eat all them, it's because your body didn't burn off enough calories to need them. Depending on the food that you're eating, it's usually pretty hard to get all of the vitamins and minerals you need out of 1,000 calories :ohwell: Try working out more, or harder if you don't have the time. You'll burn more calories and get hungrier, which will solve your problem :wink:
  • mr_mitch
    mr_mitch Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    The recommended 1,200 calories a day is the average amount of calories a healthy person eats a day. If you find yourself not hungry enough to eat all them, it's because your body didn't burn off enough calories to need them. Depending on the food that you're eating, it's usually pretty hard to get all of the vitamins and minerals you need out of 1,000 calories :ohwell: Try working out more, or harder if you don't have the time. You'll burn more calories and get hungrier, which will solve your problem :wink:

re. BIB..... what the......?!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    edited to bold the nonsense...

Utter nonsense. The "recommended 1200 calories a day" is what a short, very inactive, middle-aged woman should have set as her bare minimum target calories in order to LOSE weight. The average person can and should eat much more than 1200 calories a day and still lose. Again, 1200 is for short, inactive, older women. Not men (inactive or not), not active people, not athletes.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Contrary to what some people say around here, I find our natural hunger cues to be quite wonderful in helping regulate weight, as long as you are healthy in mind and body. Note I said hunger, not cravings; you must learn to differentiate between the two before you can trust this approach.

I maintained my weight for years the first go round by mainly paying attention to my hunger cues. Sometimes that mean eating a lot one day, and barely anything the next. But it kept my weight, and energy levels, well.

I'm planning to maintain the same way this go round, with some IFing tossed in as a safety net.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good Question

You should eat more calories if you NEED more calories, for example, building muscle

You are however losing weight or maintaining, I wouldn't eat if I am not hungry.

Less Calories are better for health and longevity as we are not actually meant to stuff our faces with food.