You can still eat a lot of food

Options
I am absolutely floored by the amount of food that I'm eating and still staying within my calorie goals. My medical team put me at 1400 - 1450 cal a day based on my inactivity...here it is 330pm, and I haven't even taken in 1000 cals yet. I've had 2 full meals, 2 snacks, 4-8oz of water....1 cup of coffee...I'm shocked.

I just prepared my dinner for work tonight. I have to pull a twelve hour shift. This is what I fixed...it's an amazing amount of food!

~Lettuce (about 1 - 2 cups fresh)
~ 1/2 C tomatoes
~1/2 C green beans (raw)
~3/4 C cucumber (fresh)
~Spray spritzer salad dressing (amazing 1 cal for each spray)
~4oz of Chicken (prev. frozen)
~1 C blueberries
~5 baby brussels sprouts (steamfresh brand/prev frozen)
~1.5 strawberry fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
~10 grapes fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
~1 slice pineapple fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
~1 C watermelon fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
~100 cal snack pak nabisco chips ahoy (I packed two in case I crave more)

I drink 2~64oz of water throughout the night (12 hour shift). I walk nearly 7 miles on my shift according to the pedometer. So I'm sure I'll do well tonight.

People bring candy and cookies...cakes and stuff to work..I hope I can be good!

I'm just amazed at how much food you can eat as long as it's healthy.

When I went through metabolic weight loss system...after nearly 1K, I lost nothing...but money...they had me eating bird food sized proportions...as I would call it. Not to mention that they were trying to get me in ketosis so that my body would burn fat. Well something that they don't tell you, 1st it's very hard on your kidneys...that is high protein diets...or being in ketosis. THEN....they will never tell you this, according to a doctor at Mayo Clinic, your body will burn your muscles first then turn to your fat storage. SO you loose.....I tend not to doubt the MD from Mayo.

PLUS...if you eat veggies and fruit, you can have so much of it...and it's filling....I was told to eat something with fiber...like some breads....and some other things I can't think of and it will hold your hunger back for a little longer. ALSO, drink water when you're hungry. A nutritionist told me that more than likely, if you're hungry, you may be thirsty instead...and to drink first to see if that works....

I've been telling all of my friends about this site....I'm so excited. I'm learning so much from all of you and what I read and hear from others. This is truly a life altering experience!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

:happy:

Replies

• jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    I am absolutely floored by the amount of food that I'm eating and still staying within my calorie goals. My medical team put me at 1400 - 1450 cal a day based on my inactivity...here it is 330pm, and I haven't even taken in 1000 cals yet. I've had 2 full meals, 2 snacks, 4-8oz of water....1 cup of coffee...I'm shocked.

I just prepared my dinner for work tonight. I have to pull a twelve hour shift. This is what I fixed...it's an amazing amount of food!

~Lettuce (about 1 - 2 cups fresh)
    ~ 1/2 C tomatoes
    ~1/2 C green beans (raw)
    ~3/4 C cucumber (fresh)
    ~Spray spritzer salad dressing (amazing 1 cal for each spray)
    ~4oz of Chicken (prev. frozen)
    ~1 C blueberries
    ~5 baby brussels sprouts (steamfresh brand/prev frozen)
    ~1.5 strawberry fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
    ~10 grapes fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
    ~1 slice pineapple fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
    ~1 C watermelon fresh (for mixed fruit cup)
    ~100 cal snack pak nabisco chips ahoy (I packed two in case I crave more)

I drink 2~64oz of water throughout the night (12 hour shift). I walk nearly 7 miles on my shift according to the pedometer. So I'm sure I'll do well tonight.

People bring candy and cookies...cakes and stuff to work..I hope I can be good!

I'm just amazed at how much food you can eat as long as it's healthy.

When I went through metabolic weight loss system...after nearly 1K, I lost nothing...but money...they had me eating bird food sized proportions...as I would call it. Not to mention that they were trying to get me in ketosis so that my body would burn fat. Well something that they don't tell you, 1st it's very hard on your kidneys...that is high protein diets...or being in ketosis. THEN....they will never tell you this, according to a doctor at Mayo Clinic, your body will burn your muscles first then turn to your fat storage. SO you loose.....I tend not to doubt the MD from Mayo.

PLUS...if you eat veggies and fruit, you can have so much of it...and it's filling....I was told to eat something with fiber...like some breads....and some other things I can't think of and it will hold your hunger back for a little longer. ALSO, drink water when you're hungry. A nutritionist told me that more than likely, if you're hungry, you may be thirsty instead...and to drink first to see if that works....

I've been telling all of my friends about this site....I'm so excited. I'm learning so much from all of you and what I read and hear from others. This is truly a life altering experience!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

:happy:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON! Yes! You don't have to stop eating.....you just eat differently. Good luck at work tonight. BTW, I'll take your leftovers. :wink:
  • jaxkipi
    jaxkipi Posts: 233
    Options
    RIGHT ON! Yes! You don't have to stop eating.....you just eat differently. Good luck at work tonight. BTW, I'll take your leftovers. :wink:

Lol....okay. :laugh:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Yes, PREACH IT!

I eat more than anyone I know.:tongue:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I know! I eat 7 times a day! When I look at my food diary I'm amazed at the food I can consume and stay in my 1600 cal limit. I guess when I get to have more calories I'll have to start adding some more of my good high calories stuff in the day just to get up to 2000!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Exactly!! THAT is the way to lose fat. Do more, eat more. It has a favorable effect on your hormone levels to bust your butt so you don't have to drastically restrict calories. I do cardio twice a day and lift 6X a week so I can eat 2000 cals a day, and I feel amazing!!
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    So true!!! It is amazing all the foods i eat in a day and still can have calories to spare!!! It's all about good choices, i can totally tell a day that i haven't ate decent, opposed to one i eat healthy!!! I notice too if i stay full on "good" foods, i don't crave sweets nearly as much, and i have a HUGE sweet tooth:bigsmile:
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Last night I made the kung pao chicken that I posted in the chinese food topic in the recipe section and I was sooo full for less than 300 calories. I get lots of my recipe ideas from. www.hungry-girl.com they show you how you can make so many different choices for the least amount of calories and the serving sizes are usually big and filling!! They also show you what products to buy so you aren't standing in the aisle checking out box labels forever. I haven't been hungry since I have started this site
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I am totally amazed on how much food I eat as well. I feel so good.
    I'm trying to eat most of my foods unprocessed. Sometimes it's hard, but keeping my food as natural as possible makes me feel like I'm bouncing off the walls with energy!!