Anyone using Fitbit?

Options
2»

Replies

• MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wait on mine to arrive in the mail so I just went to Best Buy and bought it...same price...Just a thought! :flowerforyou:
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    I just went to Best Buy this evening and bought my fitbit. I am really looking forward to using this starting tomorrow and when I go to Texas for the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) Education Forum Annual Meeting (EFAM). This will be very interesting to see how well I actually do with everything..
  • Traceyrohrer
    Traceyrohrer Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I just ordered one and can't wait to get it. I will go ahead and friend you so when I get it we can compare...:O)
  • nat_thelwell
    Options
    Hey, I have been using FitBit for aorund 6 months now but have only just joined My Fitness Pal. Iam a bit confused, before I was entering my exercise in and it was adding the calories thta I had earned, then I synced my FitBit an dnow I keep getting extra calaories, beacuse of the steps I am doing. Shall I not record any exercise and just let the steps count towards it do you think? I am just a bit confused..
  • KALMdown
    KALMdown Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Darn it! I can't get anything with Lithium batteries shipped via USPS to our base here in Japan. Good news is that we are going home next week so I may just stop at Best Buy to get one as an early birthday present. I wanted to ask for a waterproof iPod for when I do laps but maybe if I'm SUPER good I can get both. It's for my health... yeah that's the ticket!
  • Chipmunk222
    Chipmunk222 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am and I really enjoy mine, it really helps keep me motivated. I can track my steps and my floors so that I can meet my daily goal. I have been trying to get my 10,000 steps and 20 floors every day.... it keeps me from kidding myself. I have also been wearing a heart rate monitor, and I think the calories burned on my fitbit are not exactly correct, but I haven't quite figured that out yet. :)
  • scottriver
    Options
    Hi Jammy & other new Fitbitters!

I bought mine a few days ago and thoroughly sussed out all the pages/graphs on the computer playing around with it on the weekend. I love it and my fitnesspal as I'm in Australia and it has alot of our food products on there.

The only thing that I'm confused with is the stairs. I didn't do any stairs as such yesterday but I did go for a car drive which went up and down hills and I think that is what was recorded! I verified this with the time it gave me on the computer when it happened.
    Anyone had this problem? :ohwell:

Scottriver
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I've seen ppl saying they are getting credit for movement when they are in a car, but it has yet to happen on mine.

If anything, mine misses stairs, unless it is a full flight. I have a 4-step entry into the house from the breezeway/garage. Even if I make a dozen trips up and down, it never credits me.

Otherwise, love everything about it!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit!
    It's proven that I havent been eating enough.

I didnt link it to my account but I do keep track of its data on my diary daily.
    So far eating 20% above TDEE(fitbit number) on lift days and 20% below TDEE(fitbit number) has yielded excellent results.

Heres yesterday as an example:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Helloitsdan?date=2012-07-16
  • Looby47
    Looby47 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've got plenty of friends for now but that may change when I want to talk non stop about fitbit. I just wanted to share that MINE HAS JUST ARRIVED! THE DELIVERY DRIVER JUST LEFT. I was sitting reading about it during the one hour delivery slot and am about to open it. SO excited! So mad of me I know, but I guess you guys understand - its another gadget that's going to help me lose weight. Planning on having a normal week to start with to see how much (or how little!!) I actually move! Bye for now! Ripping open the packet whilst having a cup of tea!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit - I have had mine for 1.5 years and I just got the new Ultra version!!
  • dkg1957
    dkg1957 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Deborah. I just ordered Fitbit and am anxious to see the results from using it. For you ladies where do you usually wear yours during the day at work? I will keep you posted on my progress and would love to add others as friends. Have a great day everyone.
  • yoyonomore55
    yoyonomore55 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I HAD a fitbit for 48 hours before losing it:cry: Contacted the company and they are sending me a replacement,:smile: I loved it while I had it and waiting for the replacement to arrive. I too would like to know where other ladies wear theirs. Don't want to lose this one!!
  • annesomerville
    Options
    Can you please tell me what Fitbit is? Thanks!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm not sure how it works. I work in a warehouse, on my feet 10 hours a day so I think this would help me. Is it metal? I'd hate to set off the metal detector at work. Then again I could just take it off but I just wonder if I would have to worry about that. I'm considering getting one too. :)
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I wear my FitBit on my bra, either in the center of it or on the right cup close to the bra strap,

For those of you who don't know what the fitbit is - please check out their web site:

www.fitbit.com

It is ana awesome tool and it can be synced with this website.