HELP!!!!!!!........DIETING SCHEDULE

Options
I Often Reach My Calorie Goal Early In The Day And By THe Time Night Comes I'M Hungry. I WOuld Like TO know If AnyBody Has An Eating Schedule That Keeps Them From Calorie Goals To Soon. I Would Also Like To know How It Works Out For You. ie Breakfast Time Lunch Time Snack Time And Dinner Time. Thanks In advance!!!!!!!

Replies

• fay_pigu
    fay_pigu Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    tldr? Eat same amount spread over day in smaller sizes.

I tend to plan my food out for the day and that helps. Also exercise enables you to eat more (although some say it makes them more hungry, seems to be a gender split with this).

Regarding a schedule, I've had a wisdom tooth out and had to change my eating habits because the 2 sets of pain meds required me to eat before taking them, both at separate times. It seems to have reduced my snacking (on fruit) although you can't rule out that it may have just been aversion therapy, meds killing appetite or blood loss (don't ask, grimly funny story but I'm band from telling in work now, so using that advice elsewhere).

I have spread my food throughout the day much more:
    I eat a banana with a mug of breakfast tea at about 7am (never used to eat before, so this is difficult for me),
    I have another bit of fruit (normally a banana cause it's soft) at 9:30 am (ish)
    One filled pitta bread (salad and a meat of some sort) at about 11 (when felt a bit hungry) with another banana.
    I eat the second pitta between 2 pm and 3:30 pm depending on how distracted I am with work.
    I have a large meal about 8pm at night when I'm home, this has been salad or Chinese soup recently (I say Chinese because that's what my GF is, it's basically boiled veg and (pre cooked meat) in its own water with some soy and balsamic vinegar - oddly delicious). I've been heading back towards meat and 2 veg more since recovering.
    Late at night I normally have a bit of fruit or something but not sure if this is hunger or boredom (last nights ice cream really wasn't hunger).

Hope this helps, I'm reducing my meds but have got into the habit of this now and it suits how I work.

As a side note, whilst I don't think it matters when you eat your calories (or really what they are in terms of weight loss), I found if hungry I compounded larger portions with choosing sweet, fatty foods (instant gratification baby).

I'm fairly focused in work, tbh not just work, I've sat reading in a kitchen whilst the oven caught fire and not noticed it or the smoke, or even the person putting it out. Anyway, even though I have lunch made for me, it wasn't uncommon for me to forget to eat anything until evening but I then opted for large amounts of fried fast food (with the lunch to follow, obviously waste-not, get-fat) - it wasn't the just the type of food but the portion size that I picked... although now I don't do this, I have reduced the fried food (a virtuous circle).

Sorry for the long post, seem to love the sound of my own keyboard.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Could you make your diary public so we can see the sorts of things you are currently eating?

How many calories a day are you aiming for? It can help to divide that by 4, and have that for each of breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks... For instance, on a 1200 a day calorie intake that's 300 for each meal.