I want to do some baking!

Options
Does anyone have any quite healthy baking ideas? Cookies etc.... I am in the mood to bake but dont want to blow out! xx

Replies

• spanna80
    spanna80 Posts: 9
    Options
    Check out the recipe board. There's a 40 cal brownie recipe on there that I am desperate to try!
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have a low fat, low cal apple muffin recipe?
    141 calories and quite large and filling, that's what I had for lunch today :)
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    http://www.food.com/recipe/healthy-honey-oatmeal-cookies-147497

I made these not too long ago. it says it only makes 30 cookies, but my mix made about 40, but maybe my heaping teaspoons weren't as big as theirs. :)
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I feel like baking, I make dog biscuits. Nothing for me to be tempted by and my dog loves it!
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Make a cake with Pumpkin puree instead of the wet ingredients.
    or brownies with black bean puree instead of the wet ingredients.

you cannot even tell and I actually love the pumpkin in the cake, makes it better to me! :smile:

have fun!
  • bubmaster
    bubmaster Posts: 90
    Options
    I love baking for the family,I know i'm going to find it difficult to resist so i'm just going to avoid doing any baking till my willpower is stronger.
  • nanamary47
    nanamary47 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I bake cookies every Monday for my husband who is a real cookie monster. I treat myself on that day to 2 cookies.
  • bubmaster
    bubmaster Posts: 90
    Options
    Hhhmm maybe I should find low calorie recipes,but if there nice,can I stop at one...no don't think so..:(
  • Ganners
    Ganners Posts: 24
    Options
    Dont be so hard on yourself, eat some cookies and enjoy them bubmaster!

Thanks for all the top tips guys, i am inspired!! xxxxx
  • Ganners
    Ganners Posts: 24
    Options
    When I feel like baking, I make dog biscuits. Nothing for me to be tempted by and my dog loves it!

This made me smile, what a good idea! xxx
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Do you have a juicer? There are some nice cookies and muffins you can make with the carrot pulp. (And speaking of dog biscuits, my dog likes the carrot cookies too!)
  • wohwy
    wohwy Posts: 22
    Options
    I bake a lot! Cooking light and skinny taste are my go to low calorie recipe sites.

Happy baking!