New to the world of calories

Options
Hi all.

I'm "Sherry Bobbins" and i'm new to the world of calorie counting. I tend to go for weeks or months with the dieting thing, then i drop out for a while. I had been in a rut since before Christmas when i was sick for a month, and now i'm really trying to do something about it.. I weight more than i have ever weighted.

In addition to two gym appointments a week plus three to four up hill hikes in the mornings from the bus stop to my work, i have been trying to eat healthy. I am much less tempted when i bring my own food to work, it makes a huge difference. I try not to eat too much meat, try to avoid fatty foods or too much carbs (i don't mind a sandwich and i try to get healthier, slow burning types of carbs like brown rice, rye bread). But i wouldn't have a clue when it comes to calories.

I do have a sweet tooth at night,s and i have just discovered these Bulla frozen yoghurt icecream things which are really low fat, and about half the size of a normal icecream on a stick. So that is helping.

Also, at work i get a hankering for something sweet in the afternoons, and i'm starting to just eat almonds. In my first week that i was doing this, i just ate so many of them that i may as well have had a few donuts LOL. But i am now eating a sensible amount.

Then tonight, i rarely go for pizza but i just had to have pizza, and i ate four slices of a large pizza plus garlic bread and i feel gross. Feeling a bit disappointed, but just need to get up and keep going and not stay there otherwise will end up in a rut again.

Anyway, i look forward to getting to know some of you and sharing this journey!

Ciao for now

Sherry Bobbins