There is no protein in coffee. Right?

Options
1n2m3g
1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
Good morning!
So... I'm looking at my food stats (obsessing :smile: ) and I notice that if you enter in the MFP "Coffee - Brewed from grounds"
(member submitted, 684 confirmations) and enter 2 servings or more... it says there is protein in coffee. Not the milk/creamer, the coffee. Noooo..... Right? I googled it of course and many people think there IS protein in coffee. What do you think?
:drinker:

Replies

• waldenlev
    waldenlev Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    According to the USDA food database there are .12g of protein in 100g of coffee brewed from tap water. (http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/4267) so that's just over half (.56) in an 8oz cup.
  • 1n2m3g
    1n2m3g Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Why thank you :)
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Huh, so I'm taking in a least a couple grams of protein a day in coffee, interesting.
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yeah, when i log in 2 cups of coffee...it says i've had 1 gram of protein. if it's true, that's awesome...if it's not, it doesn't really affect me that much...because i don't drink enough to think i have all this protein that i don't really have, i still get a lot of it from other sources...but having a few extra grams is never bad!