over n my protein agan!

Options
I did my food tracker today according to what I am going to eat today...afer supper and snack tonight im 11 over my protein buti havent put m exercise in yet which might help,,,but it feels lk my food tracker gives me little protein, isnt protein good??? i m having a lean turkey patty in my salad greens for lunch the turkey will give a lot of protein,,, should i have a slimfast shake for lunch instead...but that my bring my net calories too low for the day...im allowed 1700... but will stillhave 500 ,,,isnt that ok to go low on the calories,wont i loose faster?

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical problem being over in protien isn't bad, it actually is good.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You can change your protein and make other tweaks in goals>custom.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I did my food tracker today according to what I am going to eat today...afer supper and snack tonight im 11 over my protein buti havent put m exercise in yet which might help,,,but it feels lk my food tracker gives me little protein, isnt protein good??? i m having a lean turkey patty in my salad greens for lunch the turkey will give a lot of protein,,, should i have a slimfast shake for lunch instead...but that my bring my net calories too low for the day...im allowed 1700... but will stillhave 500 ,,,isnt that ok to go low on the calories,wont i loose faster?

Don't stress about the protein - MFP protein levels are set very low - 15%

I've changed mine to 40C, 30P, 30F, and sometimes have a protein shake to meet my protein target of 100g
  • angellmoore
    angellmoore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Protein helps keep you feeling full for longer and also helps you build lean muscle. I am almost always over on my protein. Don't sweat it. :)
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I go over on protein every day - if you are exercising, your body needs it for recovery. I think MFP estimates it low so I don't worry. On the calories, just know that MFP already deducts for the deficit you need to loose weight, so if you told it you want to loose a pound a week, it already subtracted 500 calories a day. I found I loose faster when I stay near my goal or net at least 1200 calories a day. When I stayed low on calories in the beginning, I didn't loose. Everyone is different so do what works for you!