2 months and only 10 lbs..HELP

Options
I got laid off from my work 2 months ago. The very next day I joined Planet Fitness. I had been losing weight and hit a plateau but couldn't break the funk. So I figured now with all my free time now I could hit the gym hard. I do everyday Monday thru Friday. I do 60 to 90 minutes of cardio. I switch up the type of cardio to prevent boredom. Then after that I hit the weights. I do their circuit of machines. Arms, Back, legs and abs. I do put in my exercise calories but I only each back about half of what I burn in addition to the 1400 calories I am allowing myself. So far I have only lost 10 lbs. I feel good and clothes are fitting me better but after 2 months straight of this routine you would think I would have lost more than that. Am I doing something wrong? Could I be doing something better.. HELP.

Replies

• justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That sounds about right. You want to loose about 1 lb per week....:smile:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    1-2 pounds per week is best. You are more likely to keep it off.

Did you track your measurements?? Remember inches count!!!!

Most of the time the rapid weight loss we experience is water weight and can often times come back.

You should be proud of what you have done.......:flowerforyou:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    1-2 pounds per week is best. You are more likely to keep it off.

Did you track your measurements?? Remember inches count!!!!

Most of the time the rapid weight loss we experience is water weight and can often times come back.

You should be proud of what you have done.......:flowerforyou:
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is a very respectable amount of weight to lose and you must now have less weight to loss, since your tickers says you've already lost 51 pounds. Amazing!! When in doubt, change up your fitness schedule and tweak your foods as needed. Maybe more protein, fewer carbs and more healthy fats are needed to ramp your body back up a bit? It sounds like you're doing great to me though!!
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    its better to lose wieght at that speed than faster you are much more likely to keep it off you could lower your calories to 1200 which is the lowest you could go but other than that be patient. at least your losing and not gaining or staying the same right:smile:
  • cmenicucci81
    Options
    You are doing great. I found that what lesliemk said works, that less carbs and more lean protein really kicks up your metabolism. Keep up the hard work!

248075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    10 lbs in two months is great! I've only lost 20 lbs since the beginning of the year.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I'd love to have 10 lbs in 2 months! I've been on this darn platuea all summer! :laugh: