Back in my pre-baby jeans

Options
orishp
orishp Posts: 214 Member
You know those pants that are in the very top of your closet that you keep but deep down you feel like you will never fit into them again?????
Yesterday I decided to try them on, thinking I still had a bit more to lose to fit into them, and big surprise: they fit!!!!!

I started "dieting" on May 7th, and I have lost about 13 lbs so far, in the past it has been very difficult for me to lose weight, I don't yo-yo diet, my weight would stay steady for years, but trying to go down it was so hard and I would get discouraged. Finally I started a plan where I have enough energy to exercise and keep my calories down, and I have never exercised as much in my life, and I am loving it!

I don't know how to post pics, but you can see my "new" old jeans in my profile pic

Replies

• Meikmeika
    Meikmeika Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a fantastic NSV! :drinker:
  • burkblondie
    burkblondie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That is so gratifying! I have a few beautiful dresses that I have in my closet just waiting for me! They are classic even though I haven't worn them in 2002, I can't bear to part with them! I haven't worn a dress in years! I am at least 75 pounds away from them but I will make it!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I had to lose a lot more than 13 pounds to get back into my pre-baby jeans! That rocks!!
  • Sabs_21
    Sabs_21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! I had my son in January and am currently working off the baby weight I'd gained (which like another poster is a lot more than 13 pounds, lol!)
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I had to lose a lot more than 13 pounds to get back into my pre-baby jeans! That rocks!!

I also had a LOT more than 13 pounds to loose to start. I am within 10 pounds of getting there now. I had a bag of clothes that I put away and labled it "not anytime soon". I did the same thing, I pulled them out, just for fun to see how close i was, and guess what.... a lot of them fit. It is such a great feeling. So much better than seeing the scale number go down. To be able to fit into my old clothes is soooo motivating to keep going.
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    well, I should have clarified that my oldest is 4 yrs old, so essentially it has been a 4 yr journey.

I was 155 lbs when I got pregnant the first time, I gained 35 lbs with her, and I managed to lose that weight after maybe 10 months, I was on BC (implanon) and as soon as I removed that I gained 10 lbs almost instantaneously and it was IMPOSIBLE for me to lose that weight.

So I got pregnant with my second and I was 165 lbs, again I gained about 35 lbs with him and I manage to lose that, but I was back around 165.

In may I was 167, and I have lost 13 lbs, which puts me at 154 lbs, goal is 150 or even lower if I can

Thanks for the congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!