30 lbs in 45 days

Options
I read this article last night on how to lose 30 lbs in 45 days. There is only 5 steps to it and I am going to commit myself to it. (With a few modifications). Many people on this site probably do most of these anyway. So for the next 45 days I will: *drink 64oz of water everyday. *exercise at least 30 mins a day. Make sure heart rate gets up there *stop eating at 9:30 (they say 7:30 but I think I stay awake a lot later than most of the population) they also say the reason for this is because it the food is stored as fat which I tend to not believe but I think it will help curb my mindless eating at night. *make sure to eat breakfast everyday (I already do). *the last one which I am not so sure about but may try is to eat 1200 cals one day then 1400 the next and then 1200 then 1400 to trick your metabolism. Since I am supposed to eat 1340 a day I may change this to 1240 then 1440 just to keep on top of my calories. I have made a chart to help stick with this plan. I don't feel like this is a bad plan since it follows almost everything I ahould be doing anyway. ANY OPINONS???

Replies

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I read this article last night on how to lose 30 lbs in 45 days. There is only 5 steps to it and I am going to commit myself to it. (With a few modifications). Many people on this site probably do most of these anyway. So for the next 45 days I will: *drink 64oz of water everyday. *exercise at least 30 mins a day. Make sure heart rate gets up there *stop eating at 9:30 (they say 7:30 but I think I stay awake a lot later than most of the population) they also say the reason for this is because it the food is stored as fat which I tend to not believe but I think it will help curb my mindless eating at night. *make sure to eat breakfast everyday (I already do). *the last one which I am not so sure about but may try is to eat 1200 cals one day then 1400 the next and then 1200 then 1400 to trick your metabolism. Since I am supposed to eat 1340 a day I may change this to 1240 then 1440 just to keep on top of my calories. I have made a chart to help stick with this plan. I don't feel like this is a bad plan since it follows almost everything I ahould be doing anyway. ANY OPINONS???
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    OK that is 1.5 lbs a day? Sounds too real to be true....and there is a lot of opinions on when you eat and how late when to stop etc....

Sorry I am skeptical...

dd
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    while I applaude your effort, and don't know your current statistics, for most people, 30 lbs in 45 days is pretty lofty. Besides being difficult as all heck, it isn't really what you want to do for your body.
    There are, of course, exceptions (I.E. doctors orders, or morbid obesety...etc).
    Can you give us the source of this article? I would like to read it and see where they get their facts.
  • heatther
    heatther Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If the really works I would do it too. Like you said the only thing I am not doing is changing my calories. And I work out more than 30 minutes. I wonder if that would make a difference.
  • zenmama
    Options
    I tried looking up the "diet" but came up empty handed unless there was a magic pill invloved...looked shady......also I might add losing weight that fast is not good for your body and the chances of it coming back and then some are pretty high....

So like banks1850 said I would like to see the facts if you have them or the site?

Also most of us are doing this already and I don't think any of us have lost that much that quickly? Correct me if I am wrong....Damn I would be the happiest person on the block!!!!

dd
  • athomemommy
    athomemommy Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Just remember if you can lose 30 lbs in 45 days then you can also gain that 30 lbs back in 45 days. I would rather lose 1 lb a week and know that in the future if I have an off week that I should only gain back about a pound not almost 10!! Do you see where I am coming from???? Courtney
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the article, did it state "results not typical" or "results may vary"? Something sounds a little off.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm skeptical about that diet. It doesn't sound consistent or healthy......
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ok ok ok I know that it sounds too good to be true. Realistically it probably is lol I know everyone wanted to see this article its at www.articlehealthandfitness.com I would copy and paste but I am on my blackberry so it is impossible even to see the exact web address. Okay and to not embarrass myself any further I checked out her credentials myself (she doesn't have any) proclaims herself as a health nut. BUT I don't think that I posted anything really bad to do on this site (things that I should be doing to contribute to my weight loss but don't) ie drink water, stop late night snacking, exercise, the calorie thing is definitely debateable. So these things I am going to do anyway because I need to be healthier. In retrospect I shouldn't have posted that title because I know that it isn't really possible but I think the ideas behind it is good. I never would want someone to go on a crash diet because I know they don't work and do more damage in the end. Sorry for the confusion!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Ok ok ok I know that it sounds too good to be true. Realistically it probably is lol I know everyone wanted to see this article its at www.articlehealthandfitness.com I would copy and paste but I am on my blackberry so it is impossible even to see the exact web address. Okay and to not embarrass myself any further I checked out her credentials myself (she doesn't have any) proclaims herself as a health nut. BUT I don't think that I posted anything really bad to do on this site (things that I should be doing to contribute to my weight loss but don't) ie drink water, stop late night snacking, exercise, the calorie thing is definitely debateable. So these things I am going to do anyway because I need to be healthier. In retrospect I shouldn't have posted that title because I know that it isn't really possible but I think the ideas behind it is good. I never would want someone to go on a crash diet because I know they don't work and do more damage in the end. Sorry for the confusion!!

Aww, don't worry Hmmmm. That's what everyone is here for. It's good to talk about this kind of stuff. All most all of us here have been suckered by those quick fix diets:grumble: It's great for everyone out there to know what the latest fad is...so we can all RUN like crazy from it!!:smile:
  • banks1850
    Options
    yeah, most of what is on there is fine. the 1200 to 1400 calories is a little deceptive though. That isn't right for everyone. For instance, if I ate 1400 cals a day, I would be STARVING to death. LOL! My BMR is around 1600. But other then that, it's fine. It's not going to get you anywhere near 30 lbs in 45 days though, THAT I can testify too. Unless you are really really overweight and the pounds come off in huge chunks anyway.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, and after many weight loss attempts and trying to find a quick fix etc it wasn't until I commited myself to eatting healthier and exercising everyday that I started to loose and keep off weight. Losing weight too quickly, like 30lb in 45 days, not only is bad for your health but you are more than likely going to break at some point and not only put the 30 lbs back on but an additional 3-6 lbs to boot (10-20%).

I have said it many times, slow and steady wins the race. You didn't put it on overnight and it isn't going to come off overnight. Until you learn to take care of your body properly you will be in a constant battle with your weight. An aggressive weight loss plan by most doctors is 2 lbs a week. That is the highest recommendation. Most people loose .5 - 1 lb a week.
  • zenmama
    Options
    No confusion just sorting things out....it is all good...:smile:

dd
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Finally, something I actually know a little about. If you look on this page where you post replies you will see an ad for something called FatLoss4Idiots. I looked it up once and they use something called "calorie shifting." You never really read about how the program works at that site, or others advertising it. It says in the ad here--lose 9 lbs every 11 days by following these 10 simple rules--I'm sure it's the calorie shifting idea ( 30 pounds in 45 days). So google that and look for blogs and not ads for the book. I looked it up online and then happened to be in the grocery line one day and I think it was People mag that had a picture of the two women that lost half their body weight. There were some other people listed inside and one of them listed the calorie shifting plan she followed. I looked it up on line again and was able to find many people who use this. Some people even listed the number of calories they eat. It basically says to not eat the same amount of calories each day, but to flex them, one person even follows a different type of plan each week--one week low fat, one week low carb, etc. I think many of us may already be doing this as we eat more on the days we exercise more. If I remember the details of the book, they just outline what number of calories to eat on what day.
  • nicole0177
    Options
    idk it sounds good but ik that when i stick to my diet and excercise i lose weight fast. So maybe sticking to it it could work. Let us know how it goes!!!! and i would love to lose 30 lbs in 45 days!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I think one of the biggest things that can lead to weight-loss success is realizing that you don't and shouldn't rush things. This has to be a lifestyle change in order for you to keep the weight off. There just are no quick fixes that last and are good for your body. I know 1 - 2 lbs a week seems like it will take forever but you will be surprised at how fast the time goes and how quickly those small losses add up. AND you are not harming your body in the process by starving it.

Most of what you are incorporating is great and will help you reach success...but research how many calories you need and how much you should limit it by for YOUR body.

Just be good to your body and yourself and you will reach your goal in no time!

Tami
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Calories shifting is beginning to be more popular and I'm seeing it everywhere so I thought it might be worth saying one more thing about it. I looked at all the ads I could find last night and in one little section somewhere in the middle of the mumbo jumbo I was able to find ONE testimonial where a guy was saying he lost enough weight at a rate that would cause him to have the 30 pounds in 45 days, it was something like 9 pounds the first week, then 5 the next week, then he really only needed to lose 3 for the next 4.5 weeks to get to that amount. Some people can easily do that. They give some complicated formula on how to decide how much you need to eat, but it's really just dividing the number of pounds you want to lose by the number of weeks you want to do it in, calculating your BMR (is that the one) and then reducing your total calories by (ta da) 500 a day. One example said a woman wanted to lose 25 pounds by her wedding day - 10 months away, well, that's only 2.5 months a month and most of us do that with no problem. Anyway, it seemed to be the concensus of people on the various sites that it wasn't restricting calories, simply moving them around, eating only carbs at one meal, only protein at another, etc and it would mean logging in all your food (hmmm) and doing some exercise each day (double hmmm). I even found all ten of the suggestions online--no charge.
  • lisagivy
    Options
    can anyone tell me how to calculate the heart rate range i should be in to lose fat??
  • banks1850
    Options
    can anyone tell me how to calculate the heart rate range i should be in to lose fat??

75 to 85 %

if you need to find out how to calculate your beats per minute go here, there is a formula

http://www.wikihow.com/Calculate-Your-Target-Heart-Rate
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    30 pounds in 45 days. Work out the like biggest losers. 6-8 hours a day.
    I still say slow and steady wins the race.