any breakfast ideas high in protein?

Does anyone have any ideas on what I could eat for breakfast that is high in protein besides eggs, I not a big fan of them that time of day for some reason my body always wanting something sweet. Cereal always sounds so good but has so much carbs i trying to avoid it. I thinking about buying some protein powder or whey powder but currently am a stay at home mom and am on a very strict budget and prob cant afford.....any suggest ions

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    6oz Greek yogurt with a serving of Kashi Go Lean (the original version) and add some fruit. Somewhere in the 25 to 30 grams of protein range, but I would have to check my diary to be sure. The carbs aren't that bad either.
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Definately try Lean Pro Matrix low in calories and high in protien (34grams)for a morning shake any type of milk you want *low fat add 1/2 cup of oatmeal, half a bannana, 1 spoon of peanut butter and ice (heaven) lol

Agree w/runfatmanrun (lmao at the name)
    Okinos plain greek yogurt , add dried craberries, shredded coconut, add blueberries or strawberries and a tinch of honey topped with flax seed or kashi
  • shandajenkins70
    shandajenkins70 Posts: 26 Member
    awesome thanks
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    My dialy breakfast is a simple 1 scoop protein shake with 8oz of skim fat free milk. Keeps me filled up and wakes me up. takes about 1 min to prep and with a blender bottle I can mix it on the go or walk to work. $20 +/- for a months worth of breakfasts... sold!
  • Dairy and soy products are fairly high in protein! Just look out for the fat content, though there are lots of low-fat products out there nowadays.
  • MeganKate24
    MeganKate24 Posts: 110
    Rice cakes with cottage cheese?
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    i got kroger brand vanilla protein powder, it has the same things as the big name brands and is a lot cheaper. cut up some fruit and freeze it and in the morning, blend the frozen fruit with ur protein powder and a splash of water. very yummy smoothie!!
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Look in the food/ recipe section. I have been wanting to try that overnight oatmeal. Also try making high protein pancakes, they reheat well and are easy.