Major NSV!!!

Options
Ok, ladies and gentlemen who think you're too fat to run. I want to give you some encouragement. I am 33 years old, 5'9 inches and 265lbs and this morning I RAN my first 5k. I completed 3.31 miles in 41.50.

I am so proud and so in shock with what I just did.

Replies

• Cappicorn
    Cappicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first run!! You have every right to be proud, great job!
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Must feel great!! I used to run but now that I am almost 50 and have arthritis it is getting harder on my joints so I don't do it anymore. Biking is my sport.
  • abacorica
    abacorica Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Great victory....thanks for sharing!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Awesome !!!!
  • 2Grtkids
    2Grtkids Posts: 93
    Options
    GREAT job!!
  • cyndimcd
    cyndimcd Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Definitely MAJOR!!! What an inspiration! You should be proud.
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a great accomplishment!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    That is SUPER Inspiring to ALL of us who think we can't run b/c of our weight!!! You are proof that it can be done!!

Congrats to you!!! I would say that is a Triple NSV at least!!! :flowerforyou:
  • elliehale
    elliehale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are such a legend!!!
    I wish I could run 5km!!! How did you build up to it??
    Can you give me some tips?? Xx
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I followed the couch to 5K program. And, just make sure you get outside to run too. Treadmills are great, but there's a huge difference between running on one and running on the road. I have the RunDouble App on my phone and it was so worth the $2 I paid for it. Now my goal is to beat my time and probably next year train for a 10K or a half marathon. I may do the 10K first, lol.

Thank you all for the compliments. I see so many posts on here asking "am I too fat to run" and I know I'm bigger than most, so I wanted to give some inspiration. And perhaps some incentive. LOL, if my fat bum can do it, you can too! ;)
  • brentdaniels
    brentdaniels Posts: 127
    Options
    That is great!
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!!! I did C25K 2 years ago but still haven't gotten the nerve up to run a race! You're my idol!!!!
  • vryanz
    vryanz Posts: 49
    Options
    Great job!! What an accomplishment!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!