My First NSVs....

Options
UGAGuy76
UGAGuy76 Posts: 9 Member
I made the choice to start a proper diet and exercise about three weeks ago because I was tired of living with Type II diabetes and high blood pressure. Being 36, the thought of having a heart attack, going blind, or losing a foot scared me. I'm taking my own little pharmacy of pills daily and I'm way too young for all of this.

I didn't join MFP until about two weeks in... I had already managed to melt about ten pounds away prior to joining and an additional five since joining. However, that is not what has amazed me.

In three short weeks of maintaining the diet and moderate exercise, I have seen AMAZING results with my blood pressure and blood sugar...

My blood sugar readings are typically 45 points lower than they were... I'd wake up in the morning and have a blood sugar reading of 160... Now, it is typically around 115. Anything from 80-120 is normal with 100 being "perfect."

I woke up this morning and my blood pressure was 108/78 and my pulse rate was 53. My blood pressure a few short weeks ago would have been around 135/90 with a pulse rate of 80.

If you are just starting this journey like me, it will pay off QUICKLY for your health. I know the weight loss will probably slow down but the benefits to my health have been amazing.

I'm actually LOOKING FORWARD to going to my doctor - I want to start backing off some of my medicines.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!