Scared to weigh in :(

Options
Soo..I had gained a little bit before vacation and haven't weighed myself since. I really don't want but then again i do. I have been eating HORRIBLY and am scared! ahhh! don't know what to do?

Replies

• satxtrap
    satxtrap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Go weigh yourself so you can see how it affected you. Go from there. Don't let the mere possibility of having bad results freak you out. Just reset and move forward. :)
  • charbear94
    charbear94 Posts: 43
    Options
    I did the same thing over July 4th! More than likely you haven't gained as much as you think (I weighed myself and I had only gained 1 pound). But, if seeing you have gained weight will really depress you, don't do it!! Just get back into your routine and weigh next week :) there is nothing wrong with that! I have done it before and been a lot happier lol
  • traveller888
    traveller888 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've done that, too. Usually I think I gained more than I did (although sometimes I lose!). It's okay to gain, too. Just get back on track and you know where you have to go.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I no longer base success on weight but rather on tape measure. I go by body fat % and not weight, I've found this to be a far more effective tool because so many things can factor your weigh ins.

Here's the site I use for my BF% checks. Very accurate!

http://www.calculator.net/army-body-fat-calculator.html
  • lollilady
    lollilady Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Soo..I had gained a little bit before vacation and haven't weighed myself since. I really don't want but then again i do. I have been eating HORRIBLY and am scared! ahhh! don't know what to do?
    [/quote

just weigh and start again holidays are there to be enjoyed good luck
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, but in this case, ignorance is not bliss. I usually finally suck it up and step on the scale so I know where I am. Sometimes, I am even pleasantly surprised. :-)
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club... 25 days and only lost 4 pounds
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    There are a LOT worse things to be scared of :laugh:

Pull your big-girl pants up & step on the scale ..... and then immediately get back into eating right & moving .....

Happy losing !
  • AnewMe2cor5seventeen
    AnewMe2cor5seventeen Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We all have been right where you are! I would say dont weigh yourself! If you do it now you are just going to beat yourself up and be really discouraged! You know where you need to be back at point one right...the weight you were before you gained that extra bit. So give yourself a week before you weigh in...keep that number in your head and work your butt off with excercise and eating really healthy! At the end of the week weigh yourself...you will be right where you should be.:wink:
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Just weigh yourself, go for it! Then if you have gained any weight, you will be motivated to lose it quickly!
  • Stutz77
    Stutz77 Posts: 113
    Options
    Just weigh yourself, go for it! Then if you have gained any weight, you will be motivated to lose it quickly!

I agree! It will drive you crazy at the same time if you don't. I have been there and been suprised both times when I weighed myself.
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    We have all backslid at one time or another in our weight loss, but just weigh yourself, and start from there. It will be ok. Just don't feel like giving up if you have had a gain. Just climb over that rock and keep on trucking! LOL
  • trm1960
    trm1960 Posts: 2
    Options
    They need a like button for what other people post!
    I agree, just do it and move on... we have all been there and done that!! I know I have done it many times!! I now weigh the most I ever have in my life... and that is on a 5 ft. body.
    Don't let guilt get you down, it is counterproductive. Believe me, been there and done that!
  • AllieBug25
    AllieBug25 Posts: 61
    Options
    I usually weigh myself even if I know I've gained a lot. It motivates me to get my a-- back in gear.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

That's your fear talking.

Let your thinking guide you through this. Don't step on the scale. Conquer the insecure voice that is just waiting to hit you on the head with the guilt bat and reinforce your already negative way of thinking about this.

You know what to do to get back on track do let your strength be your guide instead of your weakness.
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    if you think you're going to be holding on to extra water due to salt and other factors i would personally just wait to weigh in next week
  • Determined2Lose32
    Options
    Use this as motivation to not let it happen again. We all induldge...just stay focused on the goal:)