Feeling irritable and angry?

Options
So I'm having a bad day. A reeaally bad day. I'm hungry, irritated, angry and just plain antsy. So I looked it up and found this.

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/tips/diet-tips/diet-and-mood-swings/

Hope it helps people going through the same thing.

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Great article that shows cutting calories too low or depriving ourselves of a balanced diet that includes protein, carbs and fat is NOT good for us!
  • RainaWalks
    RainaWalks Posts: 72
    Options
    when i get angry i exercise...and picture myself pummelling someone that i despise...there is this one guy...ooooh...we hate each other....i picture him....when i'm doing boxing...i'm always punching his face....when i am walking off the anger every step i take is on his face....grrrrrrrrr ...then i feel better and forget all about it and go to sleep...
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    when i'm in ketosis, i never have a bad day. i'm pretty happy, energetic, no headaches, not hungry. i wish everyone could feel like i do. its a lifesaver!

this article is just dumb. i love reading bullcrap articles that spew a load of crap. it's hilarious!

if you follow a very low carb diet and eat 20 grams a day.. you get in ketosis, which does WONDERS for mood. sure, when you detox from carbs you might feel like crap but its so worth it once you pull through it.

According to a recent study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, people who followed low-carb diets had higher scores on "anger-hostility, confusion-bewilderment, and depression-dejection" scales than those who followed low-fat diets. One possible reason, the researchers noted, was that limiting carbs impedes the brain's ability to synthesize mood-boosting serotonin.
    Sugar also stimulates areas in the brain that are linked with pleasure and addiction, Dr. Ramsey says. "All carbohydrates are made of sugar," he explains, "and preliminary research demonstrates that a withdrawal from sugar has similar symptoms to those of an addict withdrawing from heroin." In my case, carbs accounted for just 30 percent of my daily calories. Considering that the Institute of Medicine recommends 45 to 65 percent, it's no wonder I was jonesing for my fix.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    when i'm in ketosis, i never have a bad day. i'm pretty happy, energetic, no headaches, not hungry. i wish everyone could feel like i do. its a lifesaver!

this article is just dumb. i love reading bullcrap articles that spew a load of crap. it's hilarious!

if you follow a very low carb diet and eat 20 grams a day.. you get in ketosis, which does WONDERS for mood. sure, when you detox from carbs you might feel like crap but its so worth it once you pull through it.

According to a recent study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine, people who followed low-carb diets had higher scores on "anger-hostility, confusion-bewilderment, and depression-dejection" scales than those who followed low-fat diets. One possible reason, the researchers noted, was that limiting carbs impedes the brain's ability to synthesize mood-boosting serotonin.
    Sugar also stimulates areas in the brain that are linked with pleasure and addiction, Dr. Ramsey says. "All carbohydrates are made of sugar," he explains, "and preliminary research demonstrates that a withdrawal from sugar has similar symptoms to those of an addict withdrawing from heroin." In my case, carbs accounted for just 30 percent of my daily calories. Considering that the Institute of Medicine recommends 45 to 65 percent, it's no wonder I was jonesing for my fix.

Um, what? Your contradictory post makes no sense. Your anecdotal evidence says that low-carbing makes you feel great. Yet, the study you talk about says that low-carbing will increase anger, etc. and will impede the synthesis of serotonin. So, in your opinion, which is it? Is low-carbing great, or not?
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Your body knows what it needs. Provide, and it shall cooperate :) Water fuel exercise rest. :) All important, Don't deprive it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options

Um, what? Your contradictory post makes no sense. Your anecdotal evidence says that low-carbing makes you feel great. Yet, the study you talk about says that low-carbing will increase anger, etc. and will impede the synthesis of serotonin. So, in your opinion, which is it? Is low-carbing great, or not?

low carb is great. i was quoting the part of the article that is rubbish.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I just put it down to menopause!