Determined to lose 50 pounds

I visited with my Dr on May 17 for a refill of my blood pressure meds. We had to double the dosage again this year! I had already received a shock at weigh in - my highest weight ever 241.6 lbs! Oh, my ... the Dr challenged me to lose 10 lbs by my next appointment for a physical on July 6. I was skeptical, but I said I would try ... and even though we spent two weeks during the interim on vacation (eating out), I was able to stick to my 1500 calorie plan (all but two days!) and 2000 mg of sodium (for the blood pressure issue!!!).

I had my physical labs done on July 3 and visited with the Dr on July 6 - labs came back great! My A1C was 5.7 well in the normal range, cholesterol total was down 45 points since 2008! Triglycerides a little high, but still in normal range (previously they had been TOO low!) And, on the afternoon of July 6 I weighed in at 228.6 - a weight loss showing 13 lbs in 6 weeks.

I have seen as low as 224.6 (on Thursday 7/12) but I had a larger than typical dinner last night and weighed in at 229.0 this morning! I am determined to make 190! I count all my calories, and most recently started looking at Fiber intake (to help curb that Triglyceride level!) I will make it!

My exercise plan - WALK, WALK, WALK - at least two miles per day!! July so far - 32.3 miles (not all cardio) June count 79,9 miles (some of that in the mountains of NW Wyoming!! oh my goodness 10% grades were killer!!!)

Replies

• gijane1ea
    gijane1ea Posts: 13
    Hello

I too, am trying to lose over 50lbs. My current weight is 211, and I just lost 4 lbs. (I was 215). So far so good. I just got to watch what I eat.

I wish you all the success in your weight lost.

Ursula