Balls of Feet hurt while running

Options
Hey everyone,
I have been running recently and have noticed that the balls of my feet, especially right below my big toes are hurting pretty badly. Has anyone else had this issue or know what it might be? Any suggestions on treatment? I really enjoy running, but the pain is not helping at all!

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I have been running recently and have noticed that the balls of my feet, especially right below my big toes are hurting pretty badly. Has anyone else had this issue or know what it might be? Any suggestions on treatment? I really enjoy running, but the pain is not helping at all!

How many miles do you have on your running shoes?
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Probably your shoes are dead. Eventually the cushioning material gets compacted and stops working. When you get shoes at your local running store, be sure to point out the problem you are having as it will help them with finding the right shoe.
  • timboom1
    timboom1 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Aside from shoes most likely being the cause, for treatment, like most things, try an ice pack to reduce the inflammation and give it some rest to let it heal up before you go out and hop repeatedly on it again (i.e. running.)