aren't core exercises considered cardiovascular

Options
I'm surprised that I can find just about any food listed with nutritional value, but I cannot find a "plank" exercise listed in either the cardiovascular or strength categories. Also, would anyone have the amount calories burned on average for 1 minute of plank position, or a roman chair position?

Replies

• 03saejo30
    03saejo30 Posts: 1
    Options
    i know little to nothing about any of this, but when i tried to log "plank" the closest i could get was "yoga." but it said a minute was only 2 calories... i figured recording something was better than nothing. it was in cardio. not sure i'm helping you... maybe someone will be able to help both of us 'cause i also have questions about recording exercises.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

you're not going to be burning too many calories with planks.. i'd say 1 minute is worth maybe 5 calories at the most
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    . Also, would anyone have the amount calories burned on average for 1 minute of plank position, or a roman chair position?

Not enough to log. Maybe 3-5 cal per minute depending on body size, and most people only do 3 mins or so of planks
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    . Also, would anyone have the amount calories burned on average for 1 minute of plank position, or a roman chair position?

Not enough to log. Maybe 3-5 cal per minute depending on body size, and most people only do 3 mins or so of planks
    yeah and that's like what, the equivalent of a 3 blueberries? :laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    log it as part of strength training
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    How about logging it as pilates
  • HollySue25
    HollySue25 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I was just looking for the same thing. :) According to Google a 60 second plank is supposed to be 15-20 calories burned. ( no drooping down) :)