Not interested in abs?

Options
I'm 5'2" and currently at 135. My goal weight is 124. I'm happy with my legs and arms - I'm just looking to lose a few inches around the waist, but I'm not interested in having "abs". I've had 3 children (all c-section) but you can't tell it by looking at me. I have minimal stretchmarks (and they're very light) and I don't exactly have a "pooch". I'm doing Power90 and joging/running 6 days a week. I'm not fat by any means, but I'd like a toned (flat) tummy that's all.

Anyone else in this situation?

Replies

• sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I don't really want "abs" either, but I think it is important to work those muscles for your overall core strength. They won't really show much unless you cut your body fat down really low, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Erin1836
    Erin1836 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Planks are excellent for improving your core strength, and you can build up your ability to do them bit by bit. I think to have "abs" like you're talking about (really visible 6-pack, right?) you need to be at an extremely low body fat percentage, so don't worry about accidentally getting there. Core strength exercises will help tone the area...underneath however much body fat there is. I can feel my abs are improving...but they're hidden because I haven't lost enough fat yet.

I have no idea if I made any sense.