I really want to try the cycle/ zigzag diet.

Options
Right now I've been trying to stay under 1400 cals a day and have been doing alright but I find that every couple of pounds I lose I platue. I've been reading a lot about the zig zag method but how should I calculate my calories for the week? Anyone have any tips or have used this before? Let me know [=

Replies

• pavingnewpaths
    pavingnewpaths Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I did it for one week just because I was getting impatient with my weight loss. It worked.

All I did was eat about 100 calories over my suggested for about 3 or 4 days, and after I gained a pound or two I'd go back to about 100 under my calorie goal and I lost almost five pounds in one week after that. It was odd, and I actually wasn't expecting it to work but it did.
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    hmmm that makes me want to try it even more lol. I want to make it something I can use week by week and was planning on just adding 100 cals every other day and maybe one day adding like 200 cals and possibly working out on those days (since I need to start working out more). I guess I will just have to play around with it.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    RealWomenLovePitbulls Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i heard somewhere that ur metabolism is based on like a 3 day average of what u eat, and it resets accordingly, so i assume that u could go 3 days eating a certain about to boost ur metabolism and then have one day where u eat less and ur metabolism would still be running high and burn more calories... then repeat... not sure if this is a proven method, but hey, its worth a try, i guess
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Yeah I heard its just like a total of how much you eat all week or a few days and you don't have to split it up evenly so by making some days higher and lower you trick your body.