The Fiber35 Diet

Options
Has anyone read, "The Fiber35 Diet" book? Thoughts?

I'm not looking for a get-thin-quick type of deal but I do need to increase my fiber while watching my overall calories.

Thanks
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• alaskagal
    Options
    Has anyone read, "The Fiber35 Diet" book? Thoughts?

I'm not looking for a get-thin-quick type of deal but I do need to increase my fiber while watching my overall calories.

Thanks
    :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    That sounds interesting, Alaskagal! Who is the author?
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    I work in nutrition and got the book free for completing the training for that company. It's actually really good.

It's nothing crazy, no diet scheme, it just talks about counting calories and different ways of getting your fiber, as well as how that can help you.

It's even got a really good list of resistance bands exercises, a full work out you can do for strength training, as well as a lot of healthy, high fiber recipes.

A lot of the stuff in the book is just common knowledge, or stuff you can find on the web, but if you're interested, I'd recommend it.
  • alaskagal
    Options

That would be helpful, sorry. It's Brenda Watson with Leonard Smith. I think Brenda Watson has a website but it's mostly to promote sells, I believe. I put the book on hold at the library but won't be getting it for a couple of weeks yet.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options

That would be helpful, sorry. It's Brenda Watson with Leonard Smith. I think Brenda Watson has a website but it's mostly to promote sells, I believe. I put the book on hold at the library but won't be getting it for a couple of weeks yet.

Thank you! Seems I'm stuck in bed (hack, cough) and need some good reads.:smile: I've spent way too much time on my laptop today! I'm gonna check my library for a copy.:smile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have got the book and I think it has alot of good information. It helped me find foods I enjoy and are healthy.

I know it helped me get closer to the 35 it recomends. Some days I make it but most days I am closer than I was before.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I buy something called double fiber whole wheat bread and fiber one cereal. Two pieces of bread and one helping of cereal would put me over the top on my fiber for the day. YAAAAAA... It was one of the areas I monitored for two weeks to see what I could do to improve it.