Coffee Creamer/ Flavor

Options
So I a coffee addict. I drink coffee all day and until now drink it with 2 Splenda and flavored creamer. This adds about 50 or 60 calories per cup. I cannot drink the sugar free because of the particular sweetner in it. The fat free is not too bad. None of them are particularly clean or good though with all the oils. Any suggestions?

Replies

• tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with french vanilla creamer daily. I just make sure it fits in my calories.
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    My problem is it adds a couple hundred because of how much I drink. I probably need to cut back huh?
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Cinnabon flavored!!! Amazing!
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I like to use 1 or 2% milk with splenda and a dash of cinnamon,it is really good.

I do love the flavored creamers but as much as I use it really adds up.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee with skim milk and no sugar (just like my father, except he likes whole milk). I started drinking it this way (I also have to have a cup a day at least) to cut out sugar and never looked back. Now that I'm so used to it, I think any flavoring or sugar is way too sweet.
  • 911Megz
    911Megz Posts: 42
    Options
    i LOVE the taste of coffee with my hazelnut creamer! and i can't have just 2 teaspoons... so I usually add 4 which is 100 calories. but I just make sure it fits for the day!!!!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I drink my coffee each day! I have to have it to function ;) I used International Delight FF French Vanilla w/a splash of Archer Farms SF Carmel Syrup. I am not sure of the sweetner that you can not have but you could try a splash of Agave and skim milk.
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Cinnabon flavored!!! Amazing!

I must agree!!! I also like the almond joy flavored one too.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Southern Butter Pecan, Amaretto, or the Coldstone Creamery flavor.
  • samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people using Almond milk or coconut oil. I've never tried it. I'm like you except I'm using sweet n low instead of Splenda.
  • starr68
    starr68 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Try using a flavored coffee instead of the creamer. You will get the flavor you like without the extra calories!
  • maryesser
    maryesser Posts: 24
    Options
    I have the same problem :-(. When I look at my food diary for breakfast, I am often dismayed that my coffee calories dwarf my food calories. I recently discovered Whole Foods new non-dairy creamer (I prefer the hazelnut flavor), and it is only 35 calories per tablespoon. For some reason, I tend to use less of that than when I use the Coffee Mate or International Delight brands.

I feel your pain. Can you try weaning yourself down to just one cup in the morning? That is what I have done, though it took a while. To me, having all that creamer would be just the same as drinking at happy hour every night. If I can give that up, coffee should be easy, right :-)? Of course, now someone went and mentioned Almond Joy flavored creamer. Danger, Will Robinson! I will be staying away from that section of the creamer aisle or all will be lost! Good luck, and let us know if you find any delicious alternatives that work!
  • Kitiara47
    Kitiara47 Posts: 235
    Options
    I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but I put in a packet or two of splenda, no creamer or anything else. It does enough for me. My coffee used to consist of half a mug of actual coffee, half a mug of milk, and a liiiitle bit (yeah, who am I kidding....) of chocolate syrup. It was the only way i would drink it! :laugh:
    Also, if you're a chocolate lover like me, I'll add a packet of no sugar added hot chocolate to a mug of coffee. It's pretty delicious and is 60 cals. It's good if you want a little treat and it's usually my only mug of the day.
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I slowly weaned myself off of the creamers simply due to the calories and additives (read the ingredient label!!!!). I was 2 sugar and 3 half& half. Now I am on skim milk and I can drink it black if I need to, but I never skip the coffee. Flavored coffee helps, just make sure it doesn,t have extra calories due to the flavoring.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    My problem is it adds a couple hundred because of how much I drink. I probably need to cut back huh?

I did cut back to 2 cups a day. I also buy non-dairy at 30 cal/tbs. So worth the 120 cals in my book. :)