Water water water... HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• Gr8fulAngigi
    Options
    I hear ya I have the same battle with water, I feel like I'm a mood water drinker, just depends on the mood. Sometimes I will just down a glass then wait alittle bit and sip another.

Try adding a splash of lemon or lime sometimes I will add a piece of fruit....one day I put a sprig of grapes that sat in the bottom of my glass.....I was drinking to get the grapes.....lol (crazy I know)
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32 oz camelbak with me everywhere. Like others, I seem to do so much better when I only have to drink "2 glasses" compared with 8. And the straw is a bonus!
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't do water well either. I have found that just keeping mass quantities of bottled around everywhere...home...office...car...bathroom.. . Lol. Ok...not in the bathroom. But just having it around more, I feel more compelled to drink it.
  • determined_01
    Options
    Hawaiian punch makes these singles to go flavors. You can get them at walmart or the dollar store. They are sugar free and only 10 calories a packet. I usually put one packet it a 24 oz cup of water with crushed ice. That is the only way I'll get my water intake because I hate water just as much as you do.
  • cfieds
    cfieds Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have 16oz cups at work and a filtered water system...I tell myself if I can drink 2 cups (or 4 8oz cups, really) by the end of work, I'm doing well and am halfway through the day then. (:

At home, I'm drinking tea or water. I figure I get close most days.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Any liquid counts towards your fluid intake, so if you like coffee, tea, diet soda, that's all good. Perhaps you're already drinking those things too.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    I have an 8 cup brita in my fridge. I fill it up every night before bed and make sure to drink it the next day. I always bring some with me when I go out in either a bottle or the Tervis (as other people have recommended). A couple weeks ago I notice I wasn't drinking and this has helped a ton.
  • crossuturn
    crossuturn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My trainer said that it's best to drink 4 cups of water first thing in the morning that way it makes it easier to get in the last 4 cups of water throughout the day. I have been doing this and find that I end up drinking more than 8 cups some days.
  • Karebear581
    Karebear581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have a 40oz Nalgene water bottle. I like to save the cash where I can. I fill the water bottle up twice a day and drink it until it is all gone. And I try to consume it all before 6pm so I am not waking up in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I like to say don't just count your calories, make your calories count! Getting water from sodas and juices also adds a lot of sugar and other stuff that you don't want when you are trying to lose weight. And while drinking coffee and tea are better alternatives, they also dehydrate your body, so you need to be drinking just as much water as you are drinking coffee and tea. I haven't lost 57lbs so far drinking anything besides water. It takes time to get used to, but your body adjusts to it. Then you actually crave it when you have not had enough. If you need to add something, lemons and limes are actually really good for you when you squeeze the juice in the water. Just try to stay away from the the sugary stuff.
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Okay. Here's my downfall.. Water! It's so important but I struggle sooo much with it!
    One week I'll be all about it and drink tons then the next week I can go all day without
    It.. It's terrible!!! Any water slackers out there like me?!?! What do you do to get it down?!
    Any suggestions would be fantastic ;-)

Y'all are great! Xo

Drink low-calorie squash, diet coke, coffee, teas and anything else with 99% water content instead. You don't have to drink plain water, that's a total lie ;_;
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I fill up two 2-liter water bottles and put them in the fridge every night. I drink those two in the beginning of the day, and then I refill them each once and drink them down again. Easily over one gallon and all I have to do is concentrate on just sipping on them until they're not full anymore. Works for me.
  • Frauhammie
    Frauhammie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome tips, I will try them too. I bought a HydraCoach water bottle on Amazon to help me keep track of the water I drink but I still don't like the plain taste of water, boring.
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm a slacker. I don't stress about it though. I try to drink a majority of my water at work so I don't get bored and eat.