Anyone Using FIRM Classic Video Series?

Options
Hello Everyone:

I spent my Saturday morning perusing yard sales and came across two old FIRM workout series DVDs on VHS (thankfully, I have a VHS and a VHS to DVD burner). I purchased Volume 2 with Janet Jones Gretzky and Volume 3 with Sandahl Bergman. I was wondering if any current FIRM users are still using (or started using) any of these classic workouts?

I ask because I have used some of the FIRM's newer videos and must say that although I am seeing good results, it is NOTHING like what I experienced when I used the old FIRM series. Is anyone rotating the classic videos into the newer ones? I used the entire FIRM classic series to lose post-college weight in the mid-90s and was blown away at the results. I am very excited to see if these videos will jumpstart what I feel is a muscle-building plateau I have reached. Though I will obviously modify some of the higher-impact moves for safety reasons, I am ready to go buy ankle weights for the floor work sections of these videos, which I remember as KILLER.

Looking forward to doing one of these TODAY :-)!

Replies

• maryesser
    maryesser Posts: 24
    Options
    bump...anyone?
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    I have the complete set with the stair!! I tried them when they came out to lose some baby weight. They kicked my *kitten*!!! VERY tough workout.
  • maryesser
    maryesser Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks for responding! I was beginning to think I was the only one who appreciated this classic series. I just did Volume 3 last night (with Sandahl Bergman). After I got through the giggles of seeing the leotards and full makeup, I realized how much I missed these workouts. I foolishly thought there would be mostly strength training in Volume 3, but darn if she didn't use a lot of plyometrics and aerobics. Going to do Volume 2 (with Janet Jones Gretzky) today. Am excited to see how these amp up my progress. There is tons more floor work in these videos than my normal workouts. Yes! Just what I need :-)!
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    I have the 2005 series collecting dust now. But I remember it really REALLY was a hard workout!! I thought the woman was tryign to kill me. I am awaiting Turbofire should be here wednesday!!
  • sweetjj66
    Options
    yes, I love them....if you can get your hands on the firm classic series volumes 1 thru 6 you have it made...vol 1 is absolutely killer! I have been unable to get #2 and #6. They are REALLY hard and REALLY worth it.

Joanne