Trader Joes

Options
Havent been to Trader Joes in forever and Im going to make the journey tomorrow. So, please tell me your favorites from there!!:smile:

Replies

• crizania
    crizania Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I miss trader Joes I haven't been to one since I left the states 10 years ago ! I use to love the pot stickers u could get there.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    we dont have one here, but got to go to one on vacation while in chicago. lol my idea of fun on a vacation is to visit the grocery.

anyways, thought they had a great selection of some hard to find items, but the produce was overpriced compared to the simple grocery down the street (i mean really the garlic was ridiculous) lol.

BUT - I got a bag of the saltwater taffy, sad that its all gone now! i would eat one or two pieces a day, if I wanted. savored every piece!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I love TJ's... Just Mangos (dried mango with no added stuff) is my favorite, but I also love that they carry pumpkin seeds in the shell year round at a reasonable price.
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    They have a great selection of raw nuts (cashews are my fav), Belgian Dark Chocolate (70%), and I really like their organic marinara sauce. They also carry Larabars which are a good quick snack to have around.

Happy shopping!
  • LittleNicci
    LittleNicci Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    any of their nut butters

oh! and puffins!
  • aNToK25
    aNToK25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get their Very Green powder (the super green and red drink stuff's excellent, but pricey), the pineapple/papaya digestive enzymes, the probiotics, and the vitamin c powder there. Used to get the organic apples, but they're harder to find this time of year.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Their Salsa is mad good. Also their chicken-less stuffed "chicken" breasts. And also their "Less Guilt" frozen dinners are really good and very reasonable as far as calories/sodium. I also really like their pre made sandwiches and salads. And their wine! I honestly prefer whole foods to TJ but these are some of my Fav's
  • roguestates
    roguestates Posts: 223
    Options
    2 buck chuck! haha. They have amazing breads, especially the pugliese and the mini baguettes that are par-baked. You can freeze them and make freshly baked bread whenever you want! There's also a good selection of nuts and legumes at decent prices. I miss the almonds in wasabi and the cinnamon roasted peanuts sooo much! Froyo's also quite good.
  • chlorisaann
    chlorisaann Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Cilantro and chive yogurt dip!! Great on Veggies and low cal! also Cilantro dressing! (I like cilantro, can ya tell!!)

OOOHHH and the Salmon and Mahi Mahi Burgers!!
  • hmgarcia83
    hmgarcia83 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate covered soy beans
  • Elle_45
    Elle_45 Posts: 43
    Options
    I love their dressing, stuffed talipia, frozen French onion soup and spaghetti sauces. I bought BBQ but haven't used it yet.
    And their pumpkin spread. ;)
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    cookiebutter. simmersauces. their dried fruit selection. frozen sliced bell peppers. they have an awesome cracker selection, too.. usually above the freezers.

I can't wait to be close to a TJs again!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Garlic stuffed olives and pineapple salsa!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My faves are their Toasted Oatmeal Flake cereal, the frozen brown rice (reheat in the microwave so quickly!), their whole wheat tortillas, nut & dried fruit selection, the almond butter and I feel they have great prices on their dairy, eggs, olive oil & balsamic vinegars, I also love their guiltless pita chips, BBQ sauce (the kentucky one? its in kind of a round bottle) and their spices are really good prices too.

Oh and my kryptonite is their milk chocolate covered pretzels. I really have to ration myself on those or I can polish off the entire bag w/out thinking!
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Oh they also have these killer pita crackers. Those things are amazing!
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I love Trader Joes! Their pretzel chips, almond butter, "Reduced Guilt" mac n' cheese, ginger chews candy, fiberful bars, Thai chili lime cashews, spinach Greek yogurt dip, white bean Tuscan hummus... I could go on and on, all their stuff is great.
  • Foodie711711
    Foodie711711 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    wow thank you guys! this stuff sounds delicious. Now Im even more ecxited to go!!
  • msps1973
    msps1973 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Their horseradish hummus is to die for!!! Chickenless pulled chicken, almonds, cashews, peanut butter filled pretzels, salsa, tofu, I could go on and on. But other people are right- the produce IS overpriced. I stick with Jewel or Woodmans for my produce.
  • atlanticgypsy
    atlanticgypsy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i miss trader joes! i used to live in CA....and was only a few miles from a couple trader joes! now.....30+ miles away from one. =( I haven't been there in over 5 months. sadness. if you live close to your trader joes. cherish that. =D

18304147.png[/url]
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The best price on Pistachios I've seen anywhere.
    Roasted Chipotle Garlic Salsa
    Horseradish hummus (with their pita crackers.. YUM)
    Unblanched, unsalted peanut butter
    fresh organic mini pizza
    TJ's chicken Tikka masala

any of the cheese, but I am a huge fan of the stilton with apricot in salads.

Looks like I need to make a run there myself.. my shopping list is already started :o)