Newbie in the Fitness world :D

Options
mefit87
mefit87 Posts: 57 Member
Hi Everyone!

My name's Amy and I'm 25 years old! I'm 5'9'' and currently weigh 189.5 lbs (down 5 lbs from 194.5lbs) . I decided to make a life style change apprx 3 weeks ago. Since then I've managed to lose 5lbs. It hasn't been easy. I've been working out 4-5 times a week and am on a 1200 calorie diet. It's hard not to get discouraged and fall right back into my nasty junk food ways. But I guess in the end it'll all be worth it .. right? :) My ultimate goal is 45lbs... I'm aiming to get down to 145lbs.I'm doing it more for my internal health. I turned 25 a month ago and want to change myself for the better. I've been suffering from low self-esteem for way too long! I'm happy to be a part of the myfitnesspal community. I'm sure I'll get tons of support from you guys and gals and I shall provide you with the same.

Good Luck with your weight loss journey!

Replies

• mainelymama
    Options
    Hi! My names Amy too lol... Im not new to fitness but I am new to MFP. I am used to going to the gym and running and sports. My weakness is food, ugh. Congrats on losing 5 lbs already!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    At your height and weight, 1200 is WAY WAY WAY too little.
    You will most likely feel starving, tired, weak, dizzy, headaches, etc.
    And that will make you want to quit.

Your BMR is 1667 on the calculator.

Even if you chose sedentary as your activity level, which most people do (incorrectly)... Your TDEE would be 2000.
    The recommended loss of 1 lb per week would give you a goal of 1500.
    Then when you exercise you eat even more, so 1500 should be your LOW calorie days, and exercise days can be up to 2000 or more!

Please reevaluate what your long term goals are:
    Starve, crash and burn, then give up?:frown:
    Or sustain this long term and become healthy and fit for life?:happy:

I am more than happy to answer ANY questions about goal setting, calories, exercise, etc.
    :smile:
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    great job on the weight loss
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    HI!

Its not a race. You are only 25.....you have the time to do it right.

Question, though. Are you eating 1200 calories before or after exercise?