Does water with Crystal Light count as water intake?

Options
Happymom83
Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
i bought some Crystal Light Pure..and added it to my water...does that count towards my water intake?:)

Replies

• angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Yup :)
  • ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Sure, you're still drinking water. I drink it all the time and count it towards my water intake.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Fo' sho.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'd say yes; as long as it has no caffeine, minimal sodium and no sugar, you should be good!
  • kingkong247
    kingkong247 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sure, you're still drinking water. I drink it all the time and count it towards my water intake.

+1
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I count it...in fact, I've spent most of my "dieting" years following WW, and with their latest program change, they now count "liquids" instead of just water, so I count any and all liquids in my water count. I do drink almost entirely plain water, but if I do have Crystal Light, milk, lemonade, etc, I count that too. I'm not a big soda drinker...don't think I'd count that.
  • Snail313
    Snail313 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    yup
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    as long as it doesn't have caffeine in it, it counts :0)
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    If you want to count it toward it, then it counts.

The only thing I count toward my water intake is plain water. I wouldn't count water with crystal light in it toward mine, but thats just me.
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    woohoo!:)lol
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options

actually, even if it had caffeine, it's still water. (the amount of caffeine is way more than offset by the amount of water, don't go there, there have been soooo many threads on this....)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    0 calories, 0 fat and 0 sugar and its water. Propel, vitamin water, crystal light, ect.

coffee with cream or sugar does not. nor does tea if sweetened. Caffene does not matter in this case.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options

actually, even if it had caffeine, it's still water. (the amount of caffeine is way more than offset by the amount of water, don't go there, there have been soooo many threads on this....)

I'm thinking that's what WW had figured out...their rule used to be anything uncaffeinated counts, but then they changed it to count any liquid that you might drink.
  • chimpy_chimp
    chimpy_chimp Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think so, yes!

That is good news for those of us not fond of plain water.
  • kfontleroy
    kfontleroy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i counted it on WW and i'm counting it on MyFitnessPal too
  • FoogooFish
    FoogooFish Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I count mine as water and just log the CL packet in the appropriate spot. I occasionally use the "energy" CL, and I count it as a packet + water as well. Oddly enough, though, I don't count my Sparkling Ice drinks as water! =)
  • pronetocrash91
    pronetocrash91 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I count it.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Yes. Scientifically, anything with water in it counts as water intake. So, the cucumber in yogurt I am eating right now is contributing to my water intake.

Turns out the recommendation to drink lots of water to lose weight doesn't have much science behind it. Yes, it does work for some people because they end up eating less, but it doesn't work automatically for others.

You should consume enough water every day to keep your urine a healthy color. If you google "hydration urine color chart" you'll find lots of useful images. Basically, you want to keep your urine closer to straw colored than to bright yellow or darker.

Only you can determine how much of what you drink to keep your urine light. The "8 glasses of water per day" dictum rests on very shaky evidence.
  • forgivensins
    forgivensins Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Although potentially controversial, I count all liquids as water (coffee, tea, crystal light, seltzer etc.)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    coffee with cream or sugar does not. nor does tea if sweetened. Caffene does not matter in this case.

These ALL count as water, just make sure you log the calories also.