Losing weight...but not "going" TMI!

Options
I haven't had a BM in 2 days! But my stomach feels like I should be having diarrhea (cramping, tons of gas, etc). But I've also lost over .6 pounds in two days

(My ticker doesn't show it because I zero it out every week and yesterday was the end of my "week".)

I really don't want to take a stool soften because those mess me up for days! Any other tricks/tips to get me going again :laugh:

Replies

• lisam829
    lisam829 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    push as much water as you can.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,550 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough fiber?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I drink at least a half of gallon of water a day and I've been getting as much if not more fiber than I "usually" get (when I'm not watching what I eat).
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Definitely make sure your water and fiber are good... don't add lots of fiber all at once because you won't even be able to "blame the dog"! It's REALLY not good! Try going for a walk... or several... every couple hours.

Hope it helps! :drinker:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    What about natural remedies? A few prunes (waaaay better than prune juice), eaten right from the box. They kinda taste raisinish. My stepmom bought a box when I was a kid, and I tried one. Then another one. And another one. LOL I had a bunch, and sheesh, did I pay for it!

Nowadays, a trip to taco bell will do it for me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    It may not be the healthiest alternative, but coffee does it for me.

Only one time was I really bad and nothing worked, but a suppository worked. TMI I think, but it worked. I'm not sure how much of anything in that gets absorbed into the body so it might not mess up your system as much as a stool softener.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I just did a google search for foods to help "go". Here's a list I found

List of Foods to Prevent and Relief Constipation
    Certain foods are high in fiber, have laxative properties and so can help alleviate the symptoms of constipation. One of the reasons that prunes, aples, peaches, figs, and etc. don't work for some people may be that they don't drink enough liquid. Fruits and vegetables contain the fiber. The fiber has to swell to turn into bulk, and the one thing it needs to do this is water.

Fruits

apple
    apricot
    banana
    blackberries
    dates
    figs
    grape
    papaya
    peach
    pear
    plum
    prune
    raisins
    raspberries
    strawberries

Vegetables

artichoke
    asparagus
    avocado
    beans
    broccoli
    brussels sprouts
    cabbage
    carrot
    cauliflower
    celery
    lettuce
    peas
    spinach
    sweet potato

Other foods

almond
    bran
    castor oil
    coconut
    garlic
    honey
    oatmeal
    olive oil
    sesame seed
    walnut
  • B4its2L8
    B4its2L8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sometimes too much fiber will cause constipation. When I was on the Biggest Loser club one of the experts told me this and told me to back off the fiber. I have taken colon cleanse before and that helps as well. Didn't have the side effects like a laxative. Good luck, it is a rotten feeling for sure!
    277443.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Plans