90 pounds down!

Options
Sugoiharris
Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
Ok, so this is my first time posting pictures. I started my journey at the end of august 2011, so far I've lost about 90 pounds. My starting weight was aver 300 pounds, I'm, not sure what it was exactly because I refused to get on a scale but when I did finally weigh myself I was at 294 and my clothing was already getting big on me. Now I'm at 209, my goal is to be 160, I've never weight 160 I can't picture myself at that weight but I will get there.

I can' say why I decided to change only that one morning I woke up and realized that I needed to and haven't gone back since, my routine consists of all kinds of fun things, I get bored at the gym so I try to mix it up and include zumba, swimming, water aerobics, running, biking, my school has a fit trail by our lake (that's my favorite), I love to hike and have recently began to trail run, that's a thrill. My husband says that it's amazing that he has to keep up with me now. When we hiked before I would always be slowing him down and making him stop early and turn back but now he's the one working to keep up with me! I love it. As for food I also love that but I've learned to cook real food that's real healthy and yummy, I'm from the southwest so that influences my cooking, I love my own version of Mexican foods especially tacos and tostadas, I've cut back on meat and rarely even eat red meat anymore. I found that I love sweet potatoes, avocados, roasted almonds ( I roast and season them myself with a no salt southwest blend yumm!), pistachios, natural peanut butter, oh and peaches. I'm in Chilton County Alabama, forget Georgia peaches Chilton Co peaches are the best. Ok enough about food I'm getting hungry...

So here are the pics. The first one is of some work I was doing with Habitat for Humanity before I really began to loose weight, I had already lost some but I don’t have pics at my heaviest so this will have to do. I can’t believe that was me, the me I see in the mirror has always been how I have seen myself and to think I was that big motivates me to stay on track and never go back.

90down2.jpg

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    you have done really awesome!! great transformation! thank you for sharing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sugoiharris
    Options
    Thanks! Can you see the picture? For some reason it's not working right. They should fix that and make it easy.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You're arm is cut off but you can really see a difference!! You look great and a real inspiration. Thank you for sharing
  • 3ofmine
    3ofmine Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to live in Montevallo on the Chilton Co side of 155. I live in Alabaster now...agree with you on the Chilton County best peaches! Congrats on the weight loss...I started at 304 and am down almost 30lbs...so excited and love just the difference the 30lb loss has made. I don't WANT to sit around anymore...It's hard to get going but once you do....you don't WANT to stop!

Angel
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    U look amazing!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Love looking at progress pics, you look fabulous!!!! :drinker:
  • Sugoiharris
    Options
    I used to live in Montevallo on the Chilton Co side of 155. I live in Alabaster now...agree with you on the Chilton County best peaches! Congrats on the weight loss...I started at 304 and am down almost 30lbs...so excited and love just the difference the 30lb loss has made. I don't WANT to sit around anymore...It's hard to get going but once you do....you don't WANT to stop!

Angel

I live right on 155 in the Montevallo part of Chilton Co. How awesome is that!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Absolutely wonderful ....... you've done a remarkable job ..... congrats !
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous... A job well done!
  • elliehale
    elliehale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration.
    Was has been the biggest lesson you've learnt that might help people starting out? Xx
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! congrats!!
  • Dedicatediva
    Dedicatediva Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!:smile:
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    WOWZA!!!! Great job! You look amazing! Love the dedication, Keep it up!
  • Sugoiharris
    Options
    You are a true inspiration.
    Was has been the biggest lesson you've learnt that might help people starting out? Xx

That's an interesting question, I guess probably that you should get down on yourself, even when it's hard. Keep positive and if you have a bad day (I've had tons) just start again the next day. Actually if I find myself in the middle of a bad day, say I had a little too much sugar at breakfast and I've eaten most of my calories before lunch I "start again" as soon as I realized my mistakes and try to learn from them and move foward. When I started there was no "I'll start monday" I started that same morning when I woke up and realized I needed to change. I do that though, I rode a bike 6.7 miles one day cause I woke up wanting to and I hadn't been on a bike (not even the gym bikes) in 10+ years. Anyway my point is start now and restart as often as necessary, evaluate yourself often but don't tear yourself down or think of where you aren't but where you are and what you can do, always look for opportunities to improve and remember that it's a life long journey.
  • purpleacacia18
    purpleacacia18 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done awesome! You dnt even look like your 209, you look more like 160 already =) Thank you for sharing this post. This post has inspired me to stay in the game and continue on my weight-loss journey
  • NKolhar
    NKolhar Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you have done great look at that transformation ! superb
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!
  • tremilla
    tremilla Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job
  • Sugoiharris
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your encouraging words and kindness it's a big boost and helps me keep going!
  • ChaoticMiNd
    ChaoticMiNd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow awesome job what's this almond season of which you speak? tee hee
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!