NSV- You look like you've lost weight!

Options
StormyGal8
StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
So, I get to work this morning, bright and early (6:30am), and as I am walking in the door, one of the women I supervise came up to me and said "you look like you've lost weight" and I beamed, and said "Wow, thanks!" and she said "You have, haven't you?" YES YES YES.

I know my ticker says 7lbs, but it's actually closer to 15-17lbs now. I have been calorie cycling, with 1 free day each week, and have lost all my weight in the last TWO weeks.

I am eating lots of healthy foods, have lots of energy, drink my water, and know this pace of weight loss won't continue, but it's the start I needed to keep me on track!

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL! Congratulations! :)
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!! Keep it up!!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    That's a fantastic NSV! Congratulations!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm curious though what your free day is like? I'd like to have a guilt free day but don't want to over-do it.
  • StormyGal8
    Options
    Well, I don't log it...cause I do NOT want to see the calories...lol but my last free day was:

My normal porridge for breakfast, we had Burger King for lunch, but that was because we were 1.5 hours away from home for an appointment, and an ice cream treat. Supper was BBQ steak (not big steaks, just a nice size), some salad, and baked potato (I have mine with salsa and light sour cream).

The last time I worked on losing weight, I would go crazy on my free days...and I still lost at a decent rate, but I am trying to think of this as a lifestyle change...not deprivation. So yes we had treats, but I still had a healthy breakfast and supper.
  • mariselaalves
    mariselaalves Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good Job that's amazing. =)
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    fantastic. I had two friends tell me the same thing yesterday
  • katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    That's the best compliment anyone can give. Well, for me at least.
  • SWEETNESS60
    SWEETNESS60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    :smooched: Congrats, keep doing what you're doing because it seems to be working for you!!!
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Twice the past week when putting his harnd on my back while helpiing me into the car, my husband has said-" I can really tell that you are losing" & "Your body seems to be reshaping itself" The scale has been evil this month so I really needed that! Way to go!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That sounds great keep it up! I'm currently bouncing up and down with my weight, although I haven't been eating a nicely as I should.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Excellent. Use that feeling as positive motivation. And get used to it. You'll be hearing it a lot! From everyone, freinds, relatives, checkers at the grocery store. It never gets old.
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    The most amazing feeling - Just proves all that hard work is worth it :)
  • StormyGal8
    Options
    It is absolutely positive motivation!! I am so stoked!

I can;t wait for it to be 50lbs, then 100lbs....and every pound is 1 step closer!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!