Calories, calories and more calories...

Options
Hey all,

I'm hoping someone out there has an answer for this. I just want to know about total calories vs net calories. I understand that net calories is total calories consumed minus exercise and that the net calories is what you should be watching/counting for weight loss, but what I don't understand is if the "exercise" is specifically exercise or your regular every day activity plus exercise. For example, I've added up what all my calories burned in a day are with brushing my teeth, doing groceries and exercise etc, and it sometimes equates into the thousands... but do i count that towards my net calories or not? I'm not even sure if I'm describing what I mean right. Lol. If anyone can decipher my confusion, that would be great. Thanks!!

Holly

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP, it does all the work for you.
    There's no need to start messing around with this.

Just input what you eat, what you exercise, and eat what MFP says you should. Assuming you have your goal lbs per week set to a reasonable level (for instance, 2 lbs a week is generally unreasonable for someone looking to drop say... 25 lbs or so), you should do fine.

Now if you're looking to find out, just to find out, great, click the newbie thread in my signature (below my Redsox picture) and it will take you to some threads that have all kinds of great info on the subject.
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    MFP assumes all of your normal day to day activities. (Getting dressed, brushing teeth, etc) Those are already part of your daily calorie defecit. When you exercise, and you eat your extra calories, you're basically just maintaining that deficit. :)
  • trillium
    Options
    Thanks guys!!:)