over by 1000 cals yesterday... making up today?

Options
is it okay to go lower today to make up for the 525 cals in 3 pale ales i had yesterday? and the olives and cheese and sweet potato fries i had?
i am trying to even things out...

:noway:

Replies

• astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    just move on and start fresh today--live and learn
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I personally would probably eat a little less a few days in a row - not take it all away in one day. Or perhaps do extra exercise all week to even up?

Or like Astrid says - just live and learn. :)
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    My experience is that even if I totally binge one day, it's better to start every day fresh, breakfast and all.
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't lower your calories today! Just start fresh and go on from here. We are all human and are allowed to mess up every once in a while!:drinker: :smile:

146152.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • Luludog1
    Options
    My experience is that even if I totally binge one day, it's better to start every day fresh, breakfast and all.

I agree, this is a pretty common topic and everthing i read tells you to just move on and eat your normal cals...I personally would do a little extra aerobic work
  • sleepl8s
    Options
    I normally would hit the gym a little bit harder and watch my calories the next day, without going under that magical 1200 net number. By the way, I like to drink too and what I do is have scotch and soda or rum and diet. Those cash in at 60 calories a pop as opposed to the pale ale's 175+ calories. You can have twice as many for the same amount of calories and chances are you'll be feeling RIGHT before you even reach that amount.

252566.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Whenever I know I'm going out and having a couple of drinks and I just know I'm going to get fries, etc. I just get on the eliptical for one hour (600 cals) earlier that day and then another hour the next day. I go out once or twice per month and haven't gained. :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I would try to eat a few less calories over the next few days, but whether or not I was a success would depend on how I used my calories, and how hungry I felt at the end of the day. I would also try to up my cardio to burn off some of those extra calories.

If you overeat one day, try to do some cardio that night. You'll feel better about the whole situation when you wake up the next morning.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    .... By the way, I like to drink too and what I do is have scotch and soda or rum and diet. Those cash in at 60 calories a pop as opposed to the pale ale's 175+ calories. You can have twice as many for the same amount of calories and chances are you'll be feeling RIGHT before you even reach that amount.

According to what I've read, liquors like rum and vodka generally have more like 70 calories per OUNCE. 1 shot is 1.5 ounces. Keeping that in mind, if you're at a bar & freepour is legal there, who knows how many ounces of liquor are really in your drink! So, there's probably 100+ calories in a typical short glass of rum & diet cola. 100 calories is not bad for an alcoholic beverage, of course, but is signifantly higher than 60. Especially when you're multiplying that difference by the # of drinks you're having.

I love beer, especially lager, so I've been on a mission to find a decent light beer. So far, the best I've found is Yuengling Light. It's pretty cheap, too. The major downside is that it has a pretty watery aftertaste. It's still 3.8% alcohol which is better than a lot of "light" beers and it has 96 calories which is less than many other "light" beers. Although I'd rather drink a delicious full-calorie lager, Yuengling Light far surpasses any other light beer with less than 100 calories per 12 ounces I've ever tasted.