Options
Seems like there are a lot of us newbies here! I'm excited!

A friend told me about MFP last week as I was sharing with her that I was thinking about joining Weight Watchers....I had my doubts at first...I just thought uuugggh, I'm going to have to weigh food and count calories and do all these calculations... years ago I did WW before the "points" program and was pretty successful and just had in my mind that the new program was going to be the way to go....she reminded me this is FREE! So I have given it a try and am so happy I did! It's fun and EASY and FREE :happy: I'm pretty much addicted to this site already and I'm looking forward to seeing my ticker increase!!

Replies

• TabethaH5
    TabethaH5 Posts: 36
    Options
    Me to! ( new and addicted to the site) I also did WW a few years back. but I like this a whole lot better. Good Luck and great success to you.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    My friend lost 140 pounds on weight watchers, gained it all back and then some.
    I actually tried it for 3 months online and I hated it.
    I love MFP!
    Friend request sent!
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Seems like there are a lot of us newbies here! I'm excited!

A friend told me about MFP last week as I was sharing with her that I was thinking about joining Weight Watchers....I had my doubts at first...I just thought uuugggh, I'm going to have to weigh food and count calories and do all these calculations... years ago I did WW before the "points" program and was pretty successful and just had in my mind that the new program was going to be the way to go....she reminded me this is FREE! So I have given it a try and am so happy I did! It's fun and EASY and FREE :happy: I'm pretty much addicted to this site already and I'm looking forward to seeing my ticker increase!!

I joined WW and did GREAT on the Momentum Plan...lost a lot. I gave the new Pro Points program a shot....really worked it for a year and pretty much stalled going up and down and up and down. So I quit and am trying this with counting calories. I have lost a lot of weight before just with counting calories. So here's go...We CAN DO THIS!!
  • robert121086
    Options
    ive only started 3 days ago looks really good im from the uk rob x
  • losili
    losili Posts: 3
    Options
    IM NEW TO THIS AND I AM 30 YEARS OLD AND AM LOOKING FOR FRIENDS ON HERE THAT I CAN CONNECT WITH FOR MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT. THANKS.
  • angiezturn
    angiezturn Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi there! I am just getting started with MFP also. I did WW in the past and currently have been doing it for about 2 weeks. Weight watchers does work!! However, its expensive and in a nutshell all you are really doing is calorie counting using 'points'. I wanted to give MFP a chance for a week to see if I lost weight. So far its an amazing site!! What I noticed? the App for WW the barcode app pretty much is useless. Unless it's a very popular food, you won't find it in the list. With the MFP barcode and the food lists EVERYTHING I scanned was in there!!! Even the deli meat I had cut at kroger had a barcode, the MFP barcoder found it!!
    So I think I will safe that $18 bucks a month in WW by coming here.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I tried weightwatchers and was so frustrated when I kept gaining then I found out I was pregnant. The meetings were hard enough to maintain with two kids. With three kids it was not going to happen. Besides we couldn't afford it. This has worked great for me. If you want to join a group come join the FAB FOURS. We have a new weigh in session starting July 24 and we have weekly challenge sessions ongoing.