What is the most delicious low calories food that you eat?

Options
Homemade, restaurant, from a package... wherever. What is your favorite?

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Do you mean snacks or do you mean anything?

My response is fruit. But, then I thought you might not just mean snacks.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    Peaches, Cherries, Strawberries.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Zucchini...field greens salad for veg.
    Blueberries and perhaps cherries for fruit.
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Frozen red grapes.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Homemade chili - less than 250 calories per serving. Yum! Also has 11g of fiber.
  • Dave_MFP
    Dave_MFP Posts: 32
    Options
    I was thinking meals or snacks. I am looking for anything that is low fat that tastes as good as say, nachos with cheese, chicken wings or pizza. I know nothing will actually taste that good, but I would like to find something that gives the same degree of satisfaction, but is healthy with high nutritional value.
  • lisasays
    lisasays Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've had a cauliflower crust pizza with garlic, roasted vegetables (roasted oil-free) and a bit of daiya cheese that was low carb/low cal and pretty awesome. You can find the recipes online. I also do a baked potato with tons of veggies (roasted and steamed) and put a vegan topping on it (take some nutritional yeast and mix with hummus, garlic, salt, pepper and balsamic and mix together - super creamy/yummy).

Hoppin' John salad is another that is really good (I make the pcrm version you can find online).

Chickpea burgers or blackbean burgers with no bun (or half a bun) and top with lots of veggies. High protein and lower in calories.

For breakfast I do green smoothies: 2 cups spinach, coconut milk and fresh and frozen fruits.

Last week we had some amazing zucchini boats. We roasted the zucchini with a teeny bit of evoo and topped with this roasted red pepper sauce and white beans. There is a tutorial for it on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooxk3fqxSQg