Alternative to turkey bacon?!

Options
I'm going to just come out and say it - I hate turkey bacon. The smell lingers in my kitchen for WAY too long, and it isn't very satisfying.

Regular bacon is my vice (and I'm talking thick, meaty, fatty, farm grown slices :tongue: ), so is there anyone out there that knows a good...compromise?

Replies

• Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I just go for the regular bacon - low sodium. I make room for it in my calories because I :heart: bacon!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    blech! I hate that stuff.

I cook bacon 1x a month for my big breakfast. I cook it crisp and use a papertowel to blot the grease. I love my bacon................bacon.....0002009C.gif
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Yeah I say eat the regular stuff. There is nothing better than bacon!! If you make room for it you should be fine!
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    :heart: Go for the good stuff, just not everyday. There is always meatless bacon, but I doubt you will find it any more satisfying than the turkey bacon. I :heart: bacon, too. We had BLTs for dinner Wednesday night!!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You can have regular bacon (I find that smell lingers forever because bacon is so greasy). You're not going to eat a pound of it or anything, but a couple of slices is no big deal. I've been buying chicken bacon lately because I don't eat pork, and I like it.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Natural Uncured Bacon by Premium Selection is only 50 calories for 2 slices.
  • melissao79
    Options
    Bacon is one of my favorite foods. I could live on the stuff. I love Hormel Fully cooked bacon. I buy mine at Sam's Club. 4 slices are only 70 calories. Not only is it good but it's quick and doesn't leave your kitchen greasy or stinky. Just cook it in the microwave for 15 seconds. Love it.
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Morning star has an awesome bacon...meatless:smile:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    real bacon---put a cooling rack into a rimmed cookie sheet. bake the bacon in the oven--all the grease renders out into the pan. No need to blot w/ paper towels!! :heart: :love: :heart:
    I haven't had that in awhile--I'll put it on my next shopping list!
  • nicole_temperton
    Options
    I say stick with the regular bacon but save it for your Sunday breakfast only. The rest of the week if you need a breakfast meat try for turkey sausage.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I love turkey bacon and I can't stand regular bacon:laugh: I don't eat meat, but I have never been able to choke down the veggie bacon:sick: So that makes me a sometimes vegetarian, I guess:laugh:

What about Canadian Bacon, I know its not exactly the same, but its leaner.

Indulge in the real stuff on occasion if thats what you like. Just fit it into your count for the day and enjoy.