Newish Member - Mom of four

Options
RoseBred
RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
Years ago, I became a member of this site. In 2007. I made one entry and then lost my password and totally was computer illiterate. :-) So I found my old account and now finally am here to permanently stay. I'm not that familiar yet with this site.

So, I am a 38 year old mom (39 in September) who is married to my dear husband for 17,5 years and we have four children. My husband and 3 of my four kids are very thin but my 9 year old daughter is borderline (right on her max. or 2 lbs. over the highest weight she is allowed for her height). Both her and I can't eat what we want like the others. :-) I don't want her struggling all her life. If you were to see her, you probably would think she is average because she dresses appropriately, etc. She has lots of energy. So I am very heavy. When I joined this group 2007, I actually was 30 lbs. less than now. ACCCK.... That fourth child did me in! LOL.....excuses, excuses, excuses.

Anyways, I weigh.....298 lbs. and am about 6 feet tall with medium built. I'm one tall lady. I need to think long-term. So any other moms on here around my age with the same amount of weight to lose. I would like to lose 113 lbs. to 185. That sounds so far away. Slow and steady....

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mother to one and I still haven't lost the weight with her and we're hoping to soon be pregnant with number 2.
    This site is wonderful and really keeps you motivated!
  • lifesazoo
    lifesazoo Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm a 37 year old mom of 3 with some health issues that prevent me from exercising like I would love to. I need to get the weight off my joints (hoping that it will help with some of my pain) and want to get in better shape just to feel good about myself. My final motivation was my 20 year reunion this year. I've been saying for years that I want to feel sexy for it and now that it's here, I don't. The next time something comes up that I want to feel good for- I'm going to. Just think of this as permanent changes to your life and not a temporary road. Good luck!!
  • twinteensmom
    twinteensmom Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am am older than you(50 next April..ack!) but I am a mother of two teenagers. My son is normal weight, in fact I would call him borderline slender. My daughter is like me in that she is an emotional over-eater. Normal weight now but could very easily jump into overweight. I joined last October and then never really got hooked. In fact, i went on a cruise in November and then the holidays right after gave me all sorts of excuses. After my birthday this past April, I finally woke up and i have been very active with the site ever since. I love the fact that I am finally wearing clothes that i haven't been able to wear for years, even with only 24 LBS gone. Plus, I noticed today that my jaw line is coming back. Anyway, feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. I look forward to sharing the journey with you.
  • cherrypie80
    cherrypie80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey im kelly, im 32 years old with 2 boys, 8 & 13 :)

Slow and steady wins the race!
    I repeat to myself each day 'this is a lifestyle change, not a diet'
    My diets may have resulted in drastic weightloss but, in the long run i have regained the weight plus more once i started eating normally again. Which totally knocks your confidence!
    The secret is to fit treats into your daily allowance so not to feel deprived.
    For me, feeling deprived results in me bingeing on junk that i didnt really want. Then id feel worse & eat more!
    Its a vicious circle which has taken me nearly 20 years to break!
    & exercise, again slowly does it. Its really hard work, but once you have improved your fitness there are so many benefits. Running around with my children is one!

Feel free to add me. (thats goes for anybody)
    New friends always welcome. I try to support all in their weightlosses & future success.

Kelly :)