Can't afford to lose on my hips and thighs

Options
Help! I really can't afford to lose any weight on my hips and thighs (these are already skinny) but I need to lose the belly fat - any suggestions as to the type of workout that is best for me? Currently I do brisk waling and aerobics and lots of yoga.
I know I have to be better disciplined with what I eat, so suggestions in this area are also welcome. Thank you guys!

Replies

• ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Your body loses fat where it wants to. I might suggest doing squats or other exercises targeting the thighs in order to maintain the muscle you have there to prevent them from getting any smaller, but if you've got additional fat there, you still could lose that before losing the belly fat.
  • Arlene_D
    Arlene_D Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This makes sense...thanks for the advice.
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce. Your body loses fat where it wants to. I might suggest doing squats or other exercises targeting the thighs in order to maintain the muscle you have there to prevent them from getting any smaller, but if you've got additional fat there, you still could lose that before losing the belly fat.

Solid advice here ^^