Over 100lbs to lose - need some friends for support!

Options
Hi I'm a 48 year old woman desperate to change my lifestyle, get fitter, healthier and lose weight! I want to feel good about myself and not be held back from doing things because of my weight.

If anyone is looking for a friend for same or similar goals please contact me, I'd love to hear from you.

Replies

• hijude57
    hijude57 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 55 yrs. with 140 lbs to lose. I'm new to this sight and hoping to get support. Reading the message board has already
    encouraged me. After 40 yrs. of "dieting" I hope this will be the right fit!
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Slow and Steady and you will succeed. I am 36 and started on my journey last October. I have lost 83 pounds and still hve about 120 to go.

A few tidbits..... Eat to Live NOT Live to Eat

It is a Lifestyle NOT a diet.

MFP is a great tool, exercising, counting calories, etc. will help. I had to learn how to make carbs, fats, & proteins work with my enzymes to get my metabolism moving. I read a book by Dr. Joe - Guide to Permanent Weight Loss. He information was very helpful. (His plan is WAY focused, but he has great info)

Good Luck!
  • cherylastone1
    cherylastone1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have 100 to lose - lost 30 so far! Would welcome friends!
  • tdp8700
    tdp8700 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm almost 32 with 196 lbs left to lose. We will all get there as long as we do what works for us. Feel free to add me those cravings can be killer and it's always better to climb the hill with a supportive voice. :happy:
  • riarobs1
    riarobs1 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 47 years old and want to live life to the fullest so I am trying to leave the dinner table feeling a little less full each time. :) Experts say that people who lose weight with others keep it off so let's work together to reach our goal. 150 pounds lighter is where I'm headed. Good luck to all of us. We CAN do this!
  • pattyann1112
    Options
    Hi...I just started a few days ago and so far so good. I'm 54 years old with at least 100 lbs. to lose. I would love to be friends with any of you gals that posted to this reply. Good luck to all!
  • dragonflymyst
    Options
    I'm 54 years young and have 34lbs. to lose. Would love to be a friend with any of you while we embark on this new lifestyle change.
  • BR07
    BR07 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am also looking to lose some lbs. and would be happy to provide support and help to anyone that need its, given the fact that im aslo going to need people to motive me soo add me too :):):):smile:
  • Ish1313
    Ish1313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a 45 yr. old woman looking to lose 45 pounds myself. Id love to chat with you and assist you on your journey. Im having a Do-Over. Ive been struggling, but Im looking for an accountability partner if you are interested.:
  • MartiJ521
    MartiJ521 Posts: 434
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Marti and I have 70+ lbs to lose due to my PCOS. feel free to add me ya'll :)
  • loveyababes
    Options
    I have around 200 to lose!!! im 25 yrs old and really need the support! gonna add u all to mfp so we can do this together! x anyone in uk who wants to text support plz message me for my number xxx
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP myself, but have lost 37 with Weight Watchers so far and still would like to loose about 60, so I'm up there with the 100 pounds by the time I'm done. It's a struggle, but remember if you "mess up" the next meal is your next opportunity to start over. If you do go off plan...just FIDO...Forget It and Drive On!
  • Scardame
    Scardame Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, i'm 54 and would like to lose over 200 lbs. Today is my first day and I'm scared to death I won't stick to it. I've dieted all my life but did not have the massive weight problem until I was in my forties. My bad health has forced me to re-examine myself so here I am.

Good luck to all of you.
  • seejulesrun
    seejulesrun Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and need to lose 154. I'm here for you. :)
  • Dollydimples419
    Options
    Hi, My name is Denise and I just joined yesterday. I want to be healthy and lose over 100 lbs. I have struggled before with wt. loss and know it's about changing my eating habits and lifestyle. Anyone want to add me as a friend, I would like that.
  • WABeachWalker
    WABeachWalker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Denise, welcome to MFP. You will find lots of support here and the MFP tools are fantastic. Be sure to record your measurements and keep track of those for inspiration when the scale doesn't seem to want to budge. I have been here one week and lost one pound without feeling too much hunger. The discipline of recording my food intake and exercise are definitely helping me to stay within safe boundaries.

I have 84 pounds left to lose, and that seems overwhelming to me sometimes, but when I consider that I can work my program one day at a time, it seems a great deal more manageable. Friend me if you want me to help support you. I have checked in every day for the last week, but I will not be near a computer next Wednesday or Thursday. I will, however, continue to track my intake as best I can while I am away.

You definitely can do this! The aches and pains will start going away and physically you will notice that you are stronger and move easier as you drop weight. Glad you made the move to better health and toward the life that you want for yourself!
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    welcome you are welcome to add me. so far I lost 48 pounds have 38 more to go. but I was my heaviest in 1996 at 250 pounds
  • rocketpopsicles
    Options
    I have 160 to lose!
    We can support each other!
  • earthtoemilyy
    Options
    you guys can all add me if you want! i started at 258 and my goal is 150, currently at 242 so i'm right there with you :)
  • HotDog1969
    HotDog1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi. Feel free to add me. I have lost about 110lb so far but still have a way to go. MFP really has helped me immeasurably this year and I'm sure it can help you too!