Need to Lose Weightt FAST-HELP!

Options
I need to lose about 30 lbs in about 50 days.. I need encouragement and ideas ! Anything helps ! If you have a quick success story I would love to see it though all success stories are amazing ! I want to look great by the time I get back into school ! I want to suprise everyone ! Any help would be great ! Thanks !

Replies

• nursing23
    nursing23 Posts: 75
    Options
    bump
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Yeah.....that's really not very healthy or sustainable. About 14 pounds in 50 days would be a bit more realistic.
  • TexasRattlesnake
    TexasRattlesnake Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh now?

I've lost 30 pounds in 30 days before but I was well over 300 pounds and it comes off a lot faster at first (at least in my experience) before leveling out to a couple of pounds a week.
  • swd2010
    swd2010 Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't think there is any "quick fix" for weight loss. I would say with hard work and dedication, you will lose some weight in that amount of time. Follow your plan here. Calories in and calories out. Watch what you are eating and keep yourself active!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    How quickly you lose weight really depends on how much you have to lose. 30lbs in 50 days is a pretty big goal, especially if you're not obese. Don't let that discourage you, though! I bet even if you lose 10lbs in that time, people will still be amazed when you go back to school. You can keep losing through the fall and then you'll have winter break, and you could totally be at your ultimate goal weight when you go back to school in January!

Also, weight loss should be for YOU, not for anyone else. You should be doing this because you want to be healthy. If you're doing it for any other reason, you are more likely to give up. Your OWN happiness should be the priority to you. Losing weight won't magically fix all your problems!

That being said, there is no quick fix for losing weight. If you eat healthy, stay within your calorie goal, and exercise, the weight will come off! Don't believe any of those crazy diet myths like "don't eat after 7pm" or "stop eating carbs." Some of those quick fix solutions may work temporarily but as soon as you start eating normally again the weight will come back twice as fast. Please do this the healthy way, even if it's not as fast as you'd like.

Feel free to add me - I lost a little over 15 pounds, reached my goal weight, and I continue to try to lose fat and gain muscle to look and feel better every day!

ETA: And drink PLENTY of water! The week I started drinking more water, I dropped 3lbs. Water weight is annoying and totally easy to get rid of - just drink more!
  • mbz0616
    mbz0616 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What's your current weight? 30 pounds in 50 days might be tough on your bod.
  • _Mimi_
    _Mimi_ Posts: 233
    Options
    What your avatar says.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    What your avatar says.

Great point :laugh:
  • papate
    papate Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this site, just joined yesterday. I started my very strict diet on June 13 and am down 19 pounds. The first 12 came on quick in 2 weeks. Now has slowed down so I have upped my exercise. That dreaded word, EXERCISE, but it is the key - and of course proper diet and portion control. I'm trying to get off as much as I can before vacation to Hawaii.........hang in there, WE'LL DO IT
  • nursing23
    nursing23 Posts: 75
    Options
    I way 160 and I am hoping to way 130.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Here's a machete. Start hacking off limbs.
  • paygep
    paygep Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    here's an articale "how to lose 20 pounds in 3-4 weeks". it's a "very low calorie diet" about 800 calories a day. i did this to lose weight for my cousin's wedding cause my bridesmaid dress came in too small! it's hard to stick to but it does work.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m48ezjLZck1rtwcs3o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m380viu1rP1rty7oao1_500.jpg
  • paygep
    Options
    here's an articale "how to lose 20 pounds in 3-4 weeks". it's a "very low calorie diet" about 800 calories a day. i did this to lose weight for my cousin's wedding cause my bridesmaid dress came in too small! it's hard to stick to but it does work.
    [/quote

http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-fast.htm]
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Follow the calorie guidelines that this site recommends for your weight and then try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 5 days a week... There is no fast solution for this. It takes time. You have to be patient and consistent.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Here's a machete. Start hacking off limbs.
    :laugh:

Yeah there's not way you can lose 30 pounds that quickly if you're at 160 now. You are most likely at a healthy weight now (not sure on your hieght) so why stress yourself out with trying to lose that much so quickly?
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Sorry to tell you this but you will not weigh 130 pounds in 50 days without extreme measures that will hurt you.
  • paygep
    Options
    [/quote

http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-fast.htm]

sorry forgot to put the link, here it is again

http://www.nowloss.com/lose-weight-fast.htm
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Good luck with this. I posted partly in jest that I wanted to lose 8 lbs in a week a few days ago and I got over 200 nasty comments about hacking off limbs or throwing up in under 1 hour. And finally got an email from MFP saying I was promoting eating disorders. I would suggest just forgetting this. Unless you can join the biggest loser it probably won't happen.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options

For the love of god please don't do this. This is exactly one of those crazy diet things I was saying to ignore. It's a top-notch way to kill your metabolism though, if you're interested! :happy: :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!