Coffee Creamer?

Options
What's the healthiest way to use this? Just milk? Some kind of actual creamer?

Replies

• megancarlotta
    Options
    I typically do not use coffee creamer and switched to milk, with no sugar.

It is a little tough to get used to, but I am saving tons of calories and lowering my sugar intake for the day.

Good luck! :)
  • 3LittleMonkeyMom
    Options
    What's the healthiest way to use this? Just milk? Some kind of actual creamer?

I still use my creamer, I just count it toward my daily calories.

ETA: I have turned into quite the master of measuring. LOL ;)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I still use creamer, despite knowing that it's full of junk and the calories provided are not exactly "nutritious". But, I need my coffee!

I've tried a few variations - I've used the Natural Bliss stuff and it's pretty good. I've also made protien lattes (1/2 cup steamed milk, 1 cup coffee, 1 scoop vanilla protien powder, mixed in a blender) and those are delicious!
  • chrishunny
    chrishunny Posts: 1,855 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk, silk brand usually. Its creamier then just milk and way less calories.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I use unsweetened almond milk and a little stevia. Most creamers have too many ingredients for me to be comfortable with while trying my best to eat clean.
  • CStone17
    CStone17 Posts: 37
    Options
    Well, the healthiest way is to drink it black. It takes some getting used to for some people, but you ultimately get a better feel for the actual taste of coffee rather than the creamer. Otherwise, I agree with Lauren- something like almond milk is the best. It'll give you a bit of flavor while still being healthy in and of itself. Creamers... ick. Some of them have ALUMINUM in them (I'm looking at you, Coffee Mate!). So gross.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I still use creamer, despite knowing that it's full of junk and the calories provided are not exactly "nutritious". But, I need my coffee!

Me too.... and my choice poison is Coffee Mate sugar free French Vanilla liquid creamer (15 cal/Tbsp)- just a touch, along with some milk.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I actually found coffee creamer the hardest thing to give up. There's something about the way it makes coffee smooth and drinkable that I still kind of miss. Milk never worked the same for me, it had to be creamer. But, once I realized how much fat I was drinking in just creamer I had to go cold turkey.

So it's only black coffee for me now.
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond Milk. The original most days, the chocolate as a treat. When its good coffee (meaning I didn't make it or the corner Citgo), I can drink the hazelnut black.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients on non dairy creamers before you start shoveling it into your coffee. Beware of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils if you're trying to watch that sort of thing. I just use milk or half and half.
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I just use a tsp of 10% (half and half); it's only 20 calories and I'm not concerned with fat.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Coffee Mate Sugar Free French Vanilla liquid creamer but I realized how unhealthy it was so I switched to Silk Soy creamer. It tasted pretty good!! It's not sweetened so I add some organic agave nectar to sweeten it up!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I use 1/8th cup whole milk, and a splenda. Works very well as long as the coffee is good. It won't hide the taste of bad coffee like a flavored creamer might.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    skim milk here.. creamer has just to many chemicals in it for me to feel safe.. but to each his own - we all need to have our own guilty pleasures.
  • sweettthings
    sweettthings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I use half & half. I'd rather build the calories into my day than go without, or use some mystery powder.

I have found that if I drink my coffee iced, I prefer a splash of skim milk instead of the cream, so I'm considering switching to that, at least for the rest of the summer.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Read the ingredients on non dairy creamers before you start shoveling it into your coffee. Beware of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils if you're trying to watch that sort of thing. I just use milk or half and half.

We have been hooked on Coffee Mate Hazelnut liquid creamer. However, we had some trouble with our refrigerator over the weekend, and everything in it was frozen..... except the Coffee Mate. It was not frozen at all. The milk, juices, water, were completely frozen blocks. So, what the heck was with the Coffee Mate that there wasn't even the slightest bit of freeze? Antifreeze? No, it's freaking Trans Fat!!

We are not drinking that any more.
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream - I just measure it out to make sure I don't go overboard. Weird part is I'm allergic to lots of stuff and for some reason - milk sets me off but whipping cream doesn't. Weird.

I include is as part of my calories.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Heavy whipping cream - I just measure it out to make sure I don't go overboard. Weird part is I'm allergic to lots of stuff and for some reason - milk sets me off but whipping cream doesn't. Weird.

I include is as part of my calories.

Heavy whipping cream in coffee rocks :)
  • Piccachu
    Piccachu Posts: 22
    Options
    I just recently started drinking coffee, as in 3 weeks ago. I use plain skim milk and I just bought an International Delight - Almond Chocolate Fudge creamer. I pour just a dab for flavour, not the full tablespoon and mix it with milk. I know it's not the greatest thing, but it works for me!
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Me too. I weaned my husband off those fancy creamers that are made of fake stuff. Since he likes alot of creamer, he actually gets 10% of his calcium for a day by using Land o Lakes Real half n half. And it takes so much better too. To make it flavored, add an ounce of vanilla or hazelnut extract to one quart of half n half, recap and shake.

I still prefer milk.