best exercise for fat jiggly legs ?

Options
13»

Replies

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Your calories are going to be the most important thing you can do to reduce body fat and "tone" your body. You can run, ride a bike, do squats or any other suggestion but if you are still eating more than you burn you will not burn much fat. You really have no control over where the fat comes off either. Just because an exercise targets legs does not mean the fat will magically leave that area first. Most people lose weight in their face first and I dont know many people doing face exercises. : )

So in my opinion the most beneficial exercise you can do is a full body movement that you will stick with. Elliptical or rowing machine would be great. This will lead to more calories being burned and make sticking with a calories deficit easier.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    Walking away from the kitchen.

Some people just can't resist being douche bags.

We were all trying to help. You can't spot reduce. The way to lose fat is through your diet. We're not saying you're eating too much. We're saying the way to lose fat ANYwhere is through your diet.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Absolutely true that spot reducing is a myth. My bulk left my waist and upper arms first -- places I didn't really care about. But it will eventually get to your calves and big-ole thighs, and toning the muscles beneath the flab will definitely benefit you. I stand behind my original post 100%.
  • Nicopants1314
    Options
    Swimming. It's a full body work out. Plus it's way WAY easier on your body. I wouldn't dismiss walking. But I don't jog. I would try swimming though.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Squats (all variations, try goblet and pile and one-legged), lunges (in all directions: forward, back, side, curtsy). And walking hills (or running) do the trick. Combined with of course your diet. Somewhat.

I find that no matter what I do diet wise, my legs will firm up with appropriate exercise. (arms, back and core on the other hand....require diet)