Had Success??? Tell me what you do!

Options
canadakim17
canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
Hi All!

I have been using MFP for a few months and have lost about 25 pounds. Buuuut, I have a question for all of you who have had success using MFP! Do you log EVERY day???? Holidays, birthdays, vacations???? Do you track those days where you know you'll go over? I'm just curious! Thanks all!

Replies

• sunshine3737
    sunshine3737 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    For the most part I log everyday but I do take a break every now and then. If I am having a cheat day I don't log because if I go over I know I will feel guilty! :-) I've lost 64 lbs in the last year and it seems to work for me!
  • joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For the first 8 months I logged every single thing I ate or drank, including traveling and holidays. In the past few months I have skipped logging when on vacation or hosting a party at my house.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I log every day and everything. I'm still trying to lose and I need MFP to keep me accountable. The calories can creep up on you really quickly if you don't watch.
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Yes I log every single day. No matter what is happening. I have yet to be somewhere that I couldn't find an internet signal on my phone or log in via a computer. I log every single thing I eat and track all of my exercising/activities too.
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've been pretty successful yourself!
    I log everything. If I eat out and can't find an equivalent to log, I guesstimate as best I can, and then forget about it. If I over-indulge (or downright binge), I log it, no matter what. It's about being honest with myself, and not glossing over th ole my choices play in my health.
    That said, I also let go. If I eat too much, or don't work out enough, or the scale doesn't move as fast as I'd like, I don't dwell on it. It's in the past, and feeling bad about it just makes me more likely to make another poor decision.
    I've only been doing this a few months, so we'll see how I feel once I've maintained my goal weight for a while. I think even if I slack off, I'll probably still come back and log frequently for a vector check.
  • Southernsass6885
    Southernsass6885 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I do get on every day. I've only done this for three weeks. When I go over (being good on vacation is HARD), I don't log as much, but I KNOW exactly what I ate and try to work it off. Emphasis on TRY.
  • drummergrrrl
    drummergrrrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everyday, every single thing I eat. I've been entering the data since October 31, 2012... lost 41 pounds so far! Keep it honest, enter everything, when it is tough to figure out, do you best to estimate. The other thing I do... walk my dog a minimum of 3 miles per day... walk as much as possible. Plus whatever activity I can add to it...

And, I don't deny myself anything. If I want chocolate or ice cream... I have it... but it gets factored into my caloric intake and calorie burning...

On holidays/vacations/restaurants - it helps me make smart, healthy choices.
  • Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Log every single day- the key is to not feel guilty about going over cause it can (and does) happen :) Positive attitude ftw
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I log it all... I don't believe in cheat days. At the end of the day, when I'm all out of calories and I get an ice cream cone, I log it. It's not a contest, it's logging your food so you know how many calories you're eating at the end of the day. For that reason, I try to never be under my calorie goal. I don't want to be told 'good job' for subjecting myself to food dreams at night.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hi there !

For the past few years I'd been on another site planning & logging meals ...... similar setup, but not free ...... I lost 40+ lbs and successfully kept it off. Now I want to lose a little more, so I'm here each day logging meals & exercise ...... it takes no time at all ....... and the calorie-counting & I-phone app are very cool ...... I've already shed another 5 lbs .......

Maybe if I were on some exotic vacation, I might take a few days off from logging ..... but that's not happening anytime soon :laugh:

Best of luck to you !
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING - the only time I don't log is when I'm on holiday and have no internet access.

I realised I was only cheating myself if I didn't be true to myself, so if I have a bad day, it still gets logged.

Working well so far.....
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I log every single day. I log everything I eat. I will continue to log until I get to the point where I know the exact weights and calories for everything. Which means I will be logging in for a VERY long time. HAHAHA

As a matter of fact, I am upset because the site has me at like 145 days in a row. I know I have NOT missed a day since I started, which should be around 190-200.
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    I log everything every day everywhere i go
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I log every day. Everything I eat. You can see my last couple of days where my parents have been visiting and I've eaten out and drank too much wine and gone over... it's all in there.
  • canadakim17
    canadakim17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! Seems like the majority log on every day...I have been doing this, and will continue to do so! I appreciate all of the responses! If anyone wants to connect please feel free to add me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!