Cheap Easy Low Calorie Cheese Pizza!!

jboccio90
jboccio90 Posts: 644 Member
You don't have to give up pizza!!
My Mom found this pizza crust (the premade kind like boboli) at her local walmart, and introduced me to it. The brand is called Mama Mary's and the Whole Wheat version has only 90 calories per serving!
The way I split it is into 4 servings and its like 135 calories that way.

What I used:
1 Mama Marys whole wheat premade pizza crust ( you actually get 2 in the package for 4.00)
half cup of ragu pizza sauce (enough to make for second pizza left over 1.00)
1 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese (enough for second pizza left 2.50)

of course it can be customized, but we are picky eaters so cheese is easiest.

I pre-set oven to 400 (not 450 like packages says, it gets too over done)

Put pizza crust WITH OUT toppings in oven for 5 min
Take out add sauce and toppings cook for 7-10 min depending on when cheese is melted (and your oven)

Serving size 1/4 of the pizza and is 230 calories

Just as easy as a frozen pizza but WAY less calories and the cost breaks down to 3.75 per pizza!!
I do not like wheat products very much and honestly couldn't taste a difference. Even my 2 year old love it, and she is a tough critic!

Replies

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    bump
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    josephs flax pitas are really good if you're watching carbs
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Bump
  • MernyMac
    MernyMac Posts: 37 Member
    Isn't it great to find out we don't have to give up on some of our favorite foods ???.....

..I made pizza tonight and used Pillsburys original pizza crust. I used Classico pizza sauce 1/2 cup, 14 slices of Hormel pepperoni, Great value italian shredded cheese,and some sharp white 1/3 and 1/4 cup of each, onions and peppers.....It came out to only 116 calories for 1/6th of the pie.

It was good.......I mean it can't compare to our favorite pizza places, but it was Pizza, and it was a heckofalot lower in calories !!
  • jdkh32003
    jdkh32003 Posts: 17 Member
    bump
  • bump
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Thanks!

I do like to make my own crust - but will have to look for these (when I'm rushed for time).

Turkey pepperoni is low fat (high sodium) ... a nice add on ... you don't need much.