I'm back!

Options
Hi everyone: Had a wonderful trip to Goma, Congo. Loved it even though it was heartbreaking sometimes, lava dust, crowds of people, orphans, widows, refugee camps and all.
We supplied big bags of rice and other essentials for two orphanages to last them awhile, and continued building on the new site, plus managed to scrounge up enough from our group to pay the workers of Mama Jeannes orphanage and the widows from Horizon House a bit to keep them going, and we paid for a big feast of goat meat and fries in a slums neighbourhood. Goat tastes pretty good. Plus we managed to cart over 4 big boxes of medical supplies.
Earthquakes, fires and all, we made it through. We gathered information and pictures of 80 more kids for sponsorship. If interested, the information should be up soon on BeAHero on the net, if you check under Congo on that site.
Want to do it again soon!!!

Now, I'm back here to get on track. Seems funny to be trying to lose weight when fat is where it's at when you can only eat once a day. But health is good. Hugs to everyone that remembers me, and to all the newbies too!

Replies

• redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone: Had a wonderful trip to Goma, Congo. Loved it even though it was heartbreaking sometimes, lava dust, crowds of people, orphans, widows, refugee camps and all.
    We supplied big bags of rice and other essentials for two orphanages to last them awhile, and continued building on the new site, plus managed to scrounge up enough from our group to pay the workers of Mama Jeannes orphanage and the widows from Horizon House a bit to keep them going, and we paid for a big feast of goat meat and fries in a slums neighbourhood. Goat tastes pretty good. Plus we managed to cart over 4 big boxes of medical supplies.
    Earthquakes, fires and all, we made it through. We gathered information and pictures of 80 more kids for sponsorship. If interested, the information should be up soon on BeAHero on the net, if you check under Congo on that site.
    Want to do it again soon!!!

Now, I'm back here to get on track. Seems funny to be trying to lose weight when fat is where it's at when you can only eat once a day. But health is good. Hugs to everyone that remembers me, and to all the newbies too!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    We're glad to have you back redalee.
    You've done such an amazing job over there.
    You're an amazing person.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome back,

and what beautiful children. What a blessing that trip was for you! :flowerforyou: