motivation please!

Options
So I have had a bad weekend (food wise).. I didnt go over maintenance calories though. I feel like ive gained weight even though I know its probably water weight ... the scale is showing 3- 4lbs heavier and its killing me!! Any tips on flushing that water weight out? Hoping to get right back on track tom!

Replies

• kristen807
    kristen807 Posts: 361
    Options
    We all have our bad days. I find it best if I know I have been bad I will try and not obsess and weigh myself that day because I know I will become frustrated. I think the best thing to do is to pick yourself back up and weigh yourself once a week. Don't give up on what you want in the future for what you want today~
  • brimarie95
    brimarie95 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I know it is said alot, but I really believe in not weighing myself very often. It is too frustrating. I judge by my NSVs (non-scale victories) most of the time and weigh myself once a month. Otherwise I just gt mad and frustrated.
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    Suck it up, hun. Chug your water & get back on track. :b
  • jryan83
    jryan83 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You can always try over the counter meds for losing the water weight, but I'd just watch my sodium.
    Get back on track, drink enough water and stay away from foods high in sodium.
    It'll take a few days maybe a week, but it will go. Been there. Done that.
  • RES2333
    RES2333 Posts: 36
    Options
    You didn't go over your maintenace calories, so don't beat yourself up over it. You know it is water weight, right? So just move forward and use any feelings you may have as motivation.

Tomorrow is another day, get out there and just go for it and stay positive!
  • Ish1313
    Ish1313 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a fabulous vacation. I exercised a good bit, but I did eat more calories than I needed and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Today is a new day and I got back with the program. If you mess up at one meal, dont use it as an excuse to continue overeating. Everyone slips. Dont let it discourage you...just get back on track as quickly as possible. You can do it. You are doing it!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Had the water weight problem a couple weeks ago. I didn't do anything differently. I gained about 3lbs, the following week, I lost it. Yeah, it set me back 2 weeks. The week after, I lost 3lbs. I don't know why all of a sudden I had a minor stall, but I guess it happens. I think the most important thing is don't let it get you down. If you've been eating right and exercising like normal, then don't worry about it. I beat myself up about it at first then just got over it. AND it wasn't TOM so I was outraged hahah
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Monitor the sodium in your diet and drink more water. Happens to me when I eat to much salt. I know it is frustrating as heck to see the scales move up when you KNOW you've been good. Doing maintenance calories myself. I learned to give myself a comfort zone of 5 lbs above and 5 lbs below. Stay true to yourself and it will be fine.