Stretch Marks..

Options
Does anyone know anything good to get rid of stretch marks.. i have some on my stomach from having my kids...

Replies

• SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    A lot of time and cocoa butter. And even then it might not happen. Stretch marks are apparently pretty stubborn things, sometimes they mostly fade, and sometimes they just plain don't.
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    Hun, wear those stretch marks with pride. They are a badge of honor as a mother. I've had 5 kiddos. They are from 2yrs old to 18yrs. I used to think they weren't attractive...but its a sign of what the difference is between me, as a woman, & a girl. ;) Learn to be comfortable in your own skin. You are a mother, a woman...you are beautiful...stretch marks & all. :)
  • TonyaBtrfly
    TonyaBtrfly Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I was told by a plastic surgeon that stretch marks are tears in the tissue under the skin and there is nothing that can repair them. There are some creams that may make it appear that they are fading but you wont ever get rid of them. I like to think of my stretchmarks as battle scars ive earned! The kids were worht it! Hang in there!
  • mom2my3angels123
    Options
    be proud of every one of those. they will fade in time, but they will never really go away unless you go in and have a tummy tuck to remove the skin that they're on. but you'd be doing yourself a great disservice by having them removed. i have some from my kids and i wear each of them with pride and dignity.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    LOVE this!! Thank you! I am trying to get in this mind set about mine too.
    Hun, wear those stretch marks with pride. They are a badge of honor as a mother. I've had 5 kiddos. They are from 2yrs old to 18yrs. I used to think they weren't attractive...but its a sign of what the difference is between me, as a woman, & a girl. ;) Learn to be comfortable in your own skin. You are a mother, a woman...you are beautiful...stretch marks & all. :)
  • cathie2903
    cathie2903 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

^^^^ this....wear those stretch marks with pride! You have then because you kept your children safe and bought them into this world. I have stretch marks from my 2 kids and they are just part of "me"...... Plus there isn't much you can do to get rid of them anyway!! :):flowerforyou:
  • katie1942
    katie1942 Posts: 2
    Options
    There is oly one thig that works and it is laser urgery. All the creams and lotions are scams. Stretch marks fade on their own and never go away. They are tears under the skin, so nothing you put on top of the skin can bring the collegen back together.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Well, they actually are scar tissue, so the color can fade (if you're like me and they are purple), but the will never actually go away. I'm learning to love mine, because they show how I carried my babies.
  • keconrad6485
    keconrad6485 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try Bio Oil; it will lessen their appearance over a few weeks of use.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Best you'll be able to do is have them fade to silver/white instead of red/purple and that can either take time or come from use of stuff like cocoa butter or bio oil. They don't go away completely, but they can fade and I've heard having a bit of a tan can lessen the "healed" ones' appearance even more.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lz3g8nq0Yd1qfjrr7o1_500.jpg
  • Hope502012
    Hope502012 Posts: 98 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more! I've had 5 as well aged from 10yrs to 29yrs. Stretch marks are a beautiful part of being a woman. I'm just happy to concentrate on losing the fat underneath 'em :smile:
  • mommylog
    mommylog Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! :D Glad to know there are others who struggle with society telling us our stretch marks are ugly, and knowing that we have them because of our beautiful babies!!! I have some all down my legs from my little ones, but I actually don't mind them so much! I think they look kinda cool... like the photo above, I am a tiger who has earned my stripes! :) It takes time for them to fade, yes, and yes... they will always be there even after fading... but over time you really do start to accept them, and then after long enough ya love them. Because they are who you are! ;)