I CAN do this, right?

Options
I need a pep talk. I need to be kicked up the butt.

I have 17.5lbs to go and I am starting to feel myself slipping. I'm not ready to fall off the wagon yet, but I feel like I'm about to.

I don't even want anyone to look at my diary because it embarasses me and I haven't been logging some stuff! I have had a few 'mini-binges' and scary moments of a loss of control. I keep saying 'tomorrow I'll stick to my calories', then someone will offer me a muffin or my Auntie will bring home food from work and I go crazy again.

I am so angry at myself. I am going to undo all my hard work. I weighed myself this morning (albeit after eating, showering, brushing my teeth and before going to the toilet) and I was 169. I was 165.5 on the 6th July. Oddly enough, my waist is showing a reduction ...

All this loss of willpower seems to have started when I moved out. The temptation is everywhere and I am weaker than I thought. I also feel so empty and depressed, and hungry all of the time. I think I'm percieving my emotional emptiness for a physical one.

Oh sigh. Can I have a hug, guys? I need you lot right now.

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ofcourse you can have a hug :)

Maybe you can look up a new tasty recipe? That is my go-to when I feel myself slipping so instead of binging on crap it feels like a treat (and his healthy). Then again I enjoy cooking.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    *(*(*(*hugs*)*)*)* It will be OK, I promise... be kind to yourself, a few slip-ups do not make you a bad person, or even a weak one. They just make you human. You already took the first step, which is being aware of what you are doing and reaching out to try to get some support. Keep moving forward and it will get better! <3
  • 42kgirl
    42kgirl Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Baby steps, Sug! You can do it! Start with one meal. Make good choices. Don't beat yourself up too much. Food is everywhere. It's like putting an alcoholic in a bar. Only you can choose not to drink. You have to eat to survive. They are called comfort foods because they comfort. I have to remind myself how great I feel after I exercise or I have a hard time doing it. If I focus on everything I have to do and how hard it is, I get overwhelmed. The all or nothing attitude is also a killer. Moderation is the key to pretty much everything in life. You know you're fabulous, now go prove it!
  • CynthiaAnnGA
    Options
    We all have bad days of eating junk! Your doing good, & w/ just 17 lbs away from your goal, your really doing good. Keep on the healthy path.
  • Sasha2211
    Sasha2211 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in the funky mode too but I know that I can succeed and YOU can succeed! We are lucky to have this site and one day or one week of poor choices does not equal a lifetime. Hang in there sweetie - you are so close :)))
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    You guys are so lovely. Thank you SO SO SO much.

I knew posting in M&S was the right idea :flowerforyou:
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Great big hugs to you! You can do this, don't give up! You're so close!
  • angrodriguez92
    angrodriguez92 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    *hug*

Set a time in the morning each week to weigh in, and skip your TOM. Baby steps, is right. We all have weak moments. You need to relax. Take a warm bath, take a walk, drink water. Cleanse yourself of all this guilt and shame. Try to think of yourself as the strongest version of yourself. Imagine yourself as the girl that has already accomplished the goals. Remember that you deserve health and wellness. Do not sell yourself short and be kind to yourself.
  • jahzbuttafly
    jahzbuttafly Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Humongus hugs, sweetie!!!! Remember, a wise man once said, "It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop." Wisdom of Confucius.

*hugs*
  • Zalli
    Zalli Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hugs to you! you absolutely CAN do this! :)
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone!

Yesterday, I spent hours weighing, preparing and cooking food for the next few days;

315395_4359751112369_1550848225_n.jpg

I'm still struggling today. It's just gone 6pm and I am starving. I have 100 calories left :/ 1450 calories is not easy for me. I miss being on 1650.

But still, I must plod on.
  • Momsquibie
    Options
    (((((HUG))))))

Maintaining willpower and motivation is my road block! I've just started on my quest to lose 15- 20 ounds in the 10 weeks so I will feel good in my daughters wedding pictures. I've know for 9 months that the wedding was on, but,,,,,I've been lazy and now, here I am, faced with a " must do".

We all have weaknesses and weak moments, mini-binges, or failures to keep to our calorie count for a given day. But that does not mean we ARE failures, it means we are human. It's ok to fail as long as we learn from it. The most important is to move on with tomorrow for it will be a better day!
  • InnerFatGirl
    Options
    (((((HUG))))))

Maintaining willpower and motivation is my road block! I've just started on my quest to lose 15- 20 ounds in the 10 weeks so I will feel good in my daughters wedding pictures. I've know for 9 months that the wedding was on, but,,,,,I've been lazy and now, here I am, faced with a " must do".

We all have weaknesses and weak moments, mini-binges, or failures to keep to our calorie count for a given day. But that does not mean we ARE failures, it means we are human. It's ok to fail as long as we learn from it. The most important is to move on with tomorrow for it will be a better day!

Thank you {{hugs}}
  • socalsweetheart87
    socalsweetheart87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You have made great progress! Remember all the reasons you lost that weight! Also take a good look in the mirror and get pleasure in the change you see. Tell yourself you did a good job.

Also.....

To keep myself on the wagon i think to myself,

i can eat the ice cream tomorrow... or i can slack off at the gym tomorrow but today im going to do it...

The next day i say the same thing.....

i tell myself i can but choose not to for that day and it helps knowing that someday i can say yes but not today.... and then the next day the craving may have past or I'm not as tired so i get up easily to go to the gym, more often than not there is a new item to put off tomorrow.....

so instead of putting off my diet to tomorrow, I'm focusing on putting my habits that got me here off till tomorrow.....